xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tourist

Aob Blood Grouping Few Basic Idea for all

AOB blood grouping is the most common blood grouping in present world. In this grouping blood grouped depending on presence and absence of antigen A and antigen B in blood. Blood groups in AOB system are A, B, AB and O. I am trying to explain this blood grouping system as easy as possible so that the member of this site who has no science background can also understand the system.If any blood contain antigen A but no antigen B, the blood group will be A blood group. If any blood contains antigen B but no antigen A, the blood group will be B blood group. If any blood contains both antigen A and antigen B, the blood group will be AB blood group. If any blood contains none of them (antigen A and antigen B ) will be O blood group.Blood group of offspring depends on parent’s blood group. If father and mother are both bearing O blood group, their offspring’s blood group must be O. If one of them bearing A and other is bearing B blood group, offspring’s blood group may be A, B, AB or O. I am trying to describe the whole matter genetically but avoiding scientific terms as possible as I can.Every child gets their traits (genetically transmitted traits, not all traits) from their parents. They get 50% of their traits from their father and 50% from their mother. In other word, father transmits his 50% and mother transmits her 50% to their child. Every trait is controlled by a pair of genes. Let A blood group is controlled by “A_” gene pair,B blood group is controlled by “B_” gene pair,AB blood group is controlled by “AB” gene pair,O blood group is controlled by “_ _” gene pair,Now you can easily calculate the offspring’s possible blood group(s) if you know the parent blood group. For example, if one of them have A blood group (A_) and other have O blood group (_ _). A blood group can be divided as “A” and “_” and “O” blood group can be divided by “_” and “_” . So the possible combination of A, _ and _, _ are A _ and _ _ ie., blood group A, and O. So, if parents bearing blood group O and A, offspring blood group will be A or O not B or AB. Another example to make this more clear, let parents blood groups are B and O. B blood group contains “B” and “_” on the other hand O blood group contains only “_” (_ _). So, the possible combination of B, _ and _, _ are “B_” and “_ _” ie., blood group B and blood group O. So the parents bearing blood group B and O will result offspring only B and O blood groups.In this process we can calculate the possible blood group of offspring if we know the blood group of parents.

pls calculate my blood group also..

Aob Blood Grouping

Replying to Tourist

My father's blood group is O+ and mother's blood group is A-,my blood group is AB-...How is it possible as you said that offspring could have A or O as his/her blood group...

Thank you

-question by bharti nagel

I didn't really understand why an offspring could have group O if one parent has group A and the other group B.can you please explain it again more specifically?thanks!Now that you made me think about it i have to go and find out what group my bllod is

I didn't really understand why an offspring could have group O if one parent has group A and the other group B.can you please explain it again more specifically?thanks!Now that you made me think about it i have to go and find out what group my bllod is

Each person has two genes for their blood type; one from their mother and one from their father. The A and B genes are each dominant, and the O gene is recessive. Therefore, in order to have blood type O, you need two O genes, whereas for A or B you only need one (if you have one A and one B, this is how you get AB blood). Say your mother has a gene for O and one for A, and your father has a gene for O and one for B. Your mother has type A blood because A is dominant, and your father has type B blood because that too is dominant over the O. If you get the O gene from your mother and the O gene from your father, then you have two O genes, making your blood type O, even though they have A and B.

Hope this helps :)

AM I UNIVERSAL? LITERALLY? :)Aob Blood Grouping

Hoping someone can explain how a mother with o- recessive (o+) type and father having ab- . My son is b-. Does that mean he could've had either a- a+ b- b+ ab- ab+ o- o+? I was originally o- until I had surgery. My older son ( by another father, was supposedly a- ) is a+.

So one son is a+ and the other b- , two seperate fathers.  One father is a- the other is ab-, I'm o+ since surgery during my childhood, other wise I was originally O-.

Does this mean I have ab blood as well as O or is it because the fathers must have O recessive???? I'm finding it difficult in getting a straight answer from doctors????

Rosa