xisto Community
coolcat50

Remote Shutdown Windows Computers

It didn't work for me with IP, but it work using computer-name.

This worked for me:

shutdown -m PCNAME -t 30 -c "Bye bye!! I'm gonna shutdown" -s

Where PCNAME is the name of the PC to be shutdown. If you want to know a PCNAME from an IP address (or vice versa), I suggest you to use ipname utility, you can download here http://digiland.libero.it/

Hmm it works nicely - but if i was to port forward my computer to the internet, would i be able to shut it down from china :DI know thats pointless, forget it..Yes handy, i shall now shut down my mums pc and she is going to kill me, but hey, toys.

Wow thanks for this advice.I can now shut-down the other computers in my house easily now.Might want to sort out your sig thow coolcat50.

A Qs of this commandRemote ShutdownThis command can logoff but it can't power off the PC. I want to know how to logout and power off PC. Can do it?

Plain awesome advice. I love having fun with my school computers from time to time xD! If this would work on wireless it would be great, tough I don't think it will :|.Cheers!

People do this all the time at my school and it is really a pain in the butt :D. It gets REALLY annoying and they think its just hilarious... They even did it to one of our teachers once when he was teaching our class... It displayed the user name of the person that shut it down, so he wrote it down... I imagine they got in a good bit of trouble :D It hasn't been happening as much lately though lol... seems like it has gotten old or something... thankfully.

How do we remotely shudown windons XP System in LAN?Remote Shutdown

I tried this commad to shutdown the another PC "shutdown -m PCNAME -t 20 -s", but I faild to shudown the remote PC. When I tried this commad I got this message "ACCESS IS DENIED". What whould be the reason for this problem.

Can you give me the solution for this problem.

Best regards:

Ramakrishna.

Another WayRemote Shutdown

you can also go to command promt and type in shutdown -I. Then click add and put in the ip and click ok and it shuts it down.

-reply by Anonymous

Login with the same user as you have on the pc you want to shut down

net use q: 192.168.1.2[a shared map on the pc you want to shutdown] [password]Shutdown -f -s -m 192.168.1.2

shut down questionRemote Shutdown

I use the cmd commandShutdown -m IP HERE -t TIME IN SECONDS HERE -c MESSAGE HERE -s but it said.

"the system can't find the path specified" can you the tips on how to do it!! plzz master 

-reply by jonathan

n can we get access through DOS in password protected remote pc??Remote Shutdown

is it possible in password protected remote pc???

and can we get access through DOS in password protected remote pc??

anyway its kool trick...

-reply by Sarthak

This requires tweaking in vista but it works eventually xD Very nice for turning peoples computers off if they annoy you on MSN accumpanied with a netstat. Theres a batch file that does it also but it cant be stopped which may be good for school (if your network admin are stupid and allow .bat (like mine)).

haha. at my school the admins disabled .bats but they think that we don't know how to make a bat file out of a txt document.... one time a kid had shutdown one lab of computers by doing that and the admins freaked out. it was very funny ;)

Thank-you for the tutorial much appreciated!

haha. at my school the admins disabled .bats but they think that we don't know how to make a bat file out of a txt document.... one time a kid had shutdown one lab of computers by doing that and the admins freaked out. it was very funny

There is an easy way to get around .bat without an RM error. I will post a tutorial soon.
When we was at school we called them technicians. But things have changed ;).