xisto Community
rayzoredge

Wiley X Or Oakley?

Hello, I read your struggle with trying to find which company is better, either the Oakley or the Wiley X. I personally own Wiley XL-1 advanced glasses; it comes with two lenses one is clear and smoke for ultraviolet protection. The only difference between the two lenses is that the sunglasses protects you from ultraviolet and the clear does not as much. Both lenses exceed ballistics for Z87 and military standards; they have been tested to take bullets. Not even a bullet can break the lens, the bullet bounces off of it! I use my Wileys for outdoor shooting, indoor shooting, riding my bicycle for protection against elements and just taking long walks outdoors to prevent elements and protect my eyes. I have owned my Wileys for over one year; got them on November 2010.In my opinion I would say their is a slight difference between the two companies. The only difference is the comfort of how the glasses fit on your face becuase of the production. Some of my other friends say that Oakleys are more comfortable than Wileys because of the physical characteristics they are made out of. Sometimes I agree with his opinion because even though I own Wileys, I sometimes find them a little uncomfortable. For example, if I have them on and I am looking down at my pockets to find and/or reach for something it seems like my eyes are behind a humvee windshield. I guess its because those glasses are tough as nails! However the safety is all the same - they are both tested to stop bullets in their tracks and they were also used by soldiers on the battle field to prevent shrapnel after a road side incident in Iraq.