xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
r0b-dog

Halo Tactics?

Aim for the head, thats piratically the only tactic I use when playing Halo. Oh and another pretty good tactic is kneeling down when you're trying to hide from someone so you don't show up on the radar, this especially works well with the sword for some sneaky attacks.

When dealing with vehicles, I like to lure them in (only do this if you have stickbombs or are a certified banshee jacker :lol:). I'll often shoot at the driver/pilot of the vehicle. Once I see them look at me or come towards me, I'll hid behind something. If they are coming at you with a ghost, you usually don't have to hide because they will try to run you over. Once They are close enough, pop out of your hiding spot and launch a sticky bomb at the vehicle, then jump. If you don't jump, you will probably get run over.That's my plan anyway, seems to work fairly well.

Haha... there's really not much to playing the game. :P - Know the maps. Learn them. Breathe them. Be able to seek cover at any time. Discover vantage points. Find alternative ways into "bases." Know weapon spawn points. Discover sniper spots. Use the terrain to your advantage.- Know your weapons. Learn how to use them, when and when not to use them, what they work best with (secondary weapon), their ranges, their power, and their limitations. Practice with each one and get used to using any weapon at any time (since we all can't always get our favorite weapons. Keep a full magazine, but don't reload unless you're not expecting a firefight. (But always expect a firefight.) Learn how to use the Battle Rifle as it is inarguably one of the most versatile weapons you have available to you. (If you're playing Halo 2, learn to BXR and RRRX.) When using the Rocket Launcher, aim at the feet or try to use splash damage to your advantage (and counter jumping tactics with appropriately-timed launches). Use your grenades and know when to use a sticky or a frag. (In Halo 2, stickies explode after sticking in about 3 seconds, whereas frags explode a half second after they bounce.) Learn how to use the Brute Shot and bounce grenades. Soften the enemy with a frag grenade before going for a headshot (for a quick kill). Fire your SMGs in bursts rather than a full-auto discharge.- Practice your aiming. Utilize the auto-aim system. Practice shooting a sniper rifle without the scope. Don't focus on placing the reticle on your target, but moreso KNOWING that you're putting rounds into your target. AIM FOR THE HEAD. (After wiping out the shield, one shot to the head will suffice.)- Learn to move efficiently. Learn to use jumps to get up to places to gain a vantage point. Again, this goes back to learning the maps. Get into the habit of crouching while jumping. (This will create a smaller profile and help you get to higher platforms as you would be tucking your legs in.)- Practice with the vehicles and learn to use them ONLY when necessary. If you can get into a Scorpion or Wraith and win an entire match using those vehicles, feel free (although it's frowned upon). Use Ghosts to run over people (with boost) and to get to places much more quickly. Don't hog the 'Hog unless you're driving team members. Get used to being on the gun/turret and maintaining your aim while moving. In some vehicles, remember that the passenger can still shoot. Don't stick in a vehicle for too long as you will most likely be a rocket magnet. Learn to maneuver with a Banshee (and this includes the barrel rolls and flips). On the opposite end, practice hijacking vehicles and keep in mind to have that X button ready. (It's not very hard to hijack vehicles.)- If you are on a team, learn to communicate. Shouting "Oh he's over there" or "OMGI'MGONNADIE!!!" doesn't help anyone. Establish roles and responsibilities. If you're going to be a driver, tell people. Don't fight with your teammates. If you suck with a sniper rifle, let someone else snipe while you do something else that you're strong at. Be cooperative. Try not to team-kill... that's frowned upon too. :lol: - Learn to think. Don't rush in and rack up your deaths... you want to maintain a good kill-to-death ratio. Try to get a bunch of people in a tight spot for a couple of grenades or a rocket. If you're not ready to take on someone, don't. Know when to retreat, but don't be an easy running target.

a few basics things-throw grenades when panicked-jump while keeping your aim on target to reduce damage taking and doing optimal damage on target-move in a motion to put yourself behind your opponent to assassinate in combat-shoot and charge forward, while jumping, and beat down, use with weapons like shotgun, smg, or rifles-DON'T STICK TO ONE SINGLE WEAPON, they will figure out how to kill you and you will look like a noob.-figure out how were the we pons that your good with spawn(ya its already been said but its a key thing in the game).-know were you can be sniped, don't go there, if your team mate or you get sniped make it known and be safe.-learn how to use the battle rifle and sniper rifle, there great for long range combat, and while using them keep a short range weapon on you for when its needed, and it will be-brag when you no scope your best friend accidentally

Hi, i just get a bunch of my friends together, and train with a battle riffle, these are great weapons that will beat any other weapons when used properly.If you don't have any friends that want to do it just go on big team battle, the primary weapon is battle riffle ^_^Then all you need to do is aim for the head :PTry playing Grifball this weekend, its great EXP if you have lots of good people in your team, once again get 4 friends and practise playing together and make some tactics, E.G one player plants the bomb, the others spawn kill.Make sure you throw grenades just before you die (aim them at the nearest wall from your target, because if they run away which is quite likely, there's a change it will rebound and kill them :P )

Lil late but...-Learn to run away, learn every aspect about a map so u have ample choices in where your running, running from one guy into his team mate is always a buzzkill. There are two side to winning a slayer match, killing, and NOT dying, not dying is just as important!-MOving on, learn to use the battle rifle, 1 nade, headshot= kill, beat down, headshot= kill, 4 head shots= kill. Always remember ammunitions take down sheilds the same amount regardless of where it strikes (1st battle rifle shot to the stomach does the exact amount as a 1st battle rifle shot to the head), so your first 3 shots at someone just have to hit them, when sheilds are down any human projectile to the head will kill them with one shot (battle rifle, pistol, etc.). You can tell when an opponents sheilds are down as they're sheilds flash when they're dropped. -Lastly, i walk around with sniper, BR most games, just remember, communication leads to knowing what opponents have what weapons, so you know wether or not to fite the guy in the room below you, because you know whether or not he has the SHOT! GUN!... If your opponent has a close up weapon you walk backwards and fight, (practice a steady hand, as its easy to wig out running from a shotgunner), if your opponent charges u in a small room with his BR blazing, snipe, beatdown= kill... --hope it helps! :P