xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

A Career In The Uk Police, Any Wisdom Trappers?

Ive been interested in the police force for a while and i also have an interest in animals... The logical step here is to become a police dog handler, to do that i need to have been a police officer for 2 years so im looking at the possibility of joining the force (not THE force as in Luke Skywalker but a force none the less!). I know i need to be fairly fit, which at the moment im not but i want to get fit anyway so its a good incentive, is there anything else that id need?Im 18, about 6ft4 (i know back in the day a tall bloke was a good candidate!) no real other physical training, passed a college psychology course (i could user this to say i have an open mind, able to analyse behaviour, and if i go for a dog handler i can say i know the basics of conditioning and controlling behaviour) I can also say i have experienced a multi-cultural community etc... At the moment this is only an idea im thinking of but it does sound like a fun and open ended career. Really I'd like to be a response style officer but im sure you have a beat to patrol too, I'd also be interested in being a passenger in a car, not necessarily a pursuit car tho, but not really the driver.It'd be good to hear from any UK police officers, hear about the pay and the job in general :lol: