xisto Community
varalu

Fake Gmail Interface

Yes this is an old way of finding others user name and password, i haven't seen any faked login page for gmail except in here but i have seen many faked pages for yahoo and msn / live mail. some of them are designed very accurate but some others are just saying that they are fake, for example in pages i have seen there was some with SSL encryption which makes it more realistic and even the fav icon and the picture of the yahoo login page were just like the real yahoo login page at that time and this shows that the designer had used some type of scripts to get the latest picture and other changes from the original yahoo page to make it more like the real one, in some pages i have seen that the URL is completely close to real one too but as i never click on any link in my mail so i never lost my username and password by these type of stealing, anyway you should be always careful about where you are typing your username and password so always check the url one or two times to make sure that you are seeing the real login page but anyway from last year i haven't seen anyone sending such message to my email to steel my username and password and so i think this method is just absolute and out of date, now they use many other ways for doing that.Now hackers are writing softwares for stealing your information, there is no name for these softwares because each hacker writes his own but sometimes you can hear of them as iStealer. by help of these softwares a hacker do need only an email and then he can steal all of you data including bank accounts, email accounts, all username and password you enter in each day using your computer and any other thing that he is interested in from your H.D.D and then the software will send them all to his email or ftp account. now usually they use another type of softwares like bulk senders to send this softwares to their victims but not to their email but to their computers directly, this needs a server and after that they can have all of the information they want from thousands of peoples in just an hour and this is more serious than a phishing website. this is why i always suggest people to use firewalls and always be aware about the behavior of their internet connection, every 2 hour check the connections you computer are using to see if you can find any suspect IP and if you saw an unknown ip or any suspect traffic then just disconnect your computer from internet as soon as possible to find out what is going on. Another suggestion i can give is to trying to have a external hard disk or at least a flash drive and if you have any important document keep then on that because a flash drive or an external hard disk will show its activity by LED blinking and the noise (when external drive starts spinning) and so if you have seen that and you know that you are not using your flash or your hard disk you can just remove your media and then search for virus or the stealing software that you have got in your PC (an antivirus may search content of your flash drive or external H.D.D too but they usually do that only when you connect the drive but if you think that the activity is related to antivirus you can just check it in antivirus status which shows what you antivirus is doing right now). a device that is not connected to internet (a computer that is connected to internet) is always safe from hackers but there are also some softwares which will get a copy of you flash drive on internal hard disk of your pc when you connect them to your pc for sending it later.