xisto Community
Ucrg

Support For Asp.net 2.0 And Mssql

Hey there Opaque/mods and admins,I was refered here by a friend named Soby. Though he became inactive here due to his real life taking up most of his time, he kindly recommended me here for a better than rest paid-type hosting account.To this point I have found the forums a best source to hold any sort of discussion on any type of matter and be helped on anything. Apart from the Hosting, I find this website a good place to stop by and spend some of my time.Well the main reason I opened up this topic was that, I was looking up the support of technologies you have on the hosting plans and I was amazed that you support so much and give it away for free. I congratulate you on running such a project which is beneficiant for all of us.I could not help but notice that though you have support for almost all the technologies, I couldn't see the support for ASP.net 2.0 and MSSQL. Well I know that deploying MSSQL would be really tedious but the support for ASP.net 2.0 just requires additional modules being added to the server.I might be wrong but what I wanted to bring to your attention was that, enabling the support for both or even ASP.net 2.0 would greatly enhance your market as there are a lot of people who work on this, and would definately make you a complete package in all aspects.I hope that my suggestion would be met with approval, as sooner or later I might be in need for this and thought to post about it beforehand.Thanking in advance.

The servers run for Xisto are Linux-based. Both ASP and MSSQL are Microsoft technologies, and as far as I know, there are no open-source, free Linux alternatives. I may be wrong, but that is the only reason I am aware of that OpaQue hasn't got ASP and MSSQL set up on the servers.

Yes you are correct rvalkass. The linux platform doesn't have the ability to run the ASP.NET applications but Im not sure if you've heard of 'The Mono Project'. It's an open-source development effort sponsored by the infamous networking company Novell.

You might want to look at their webpage. I was experimenting it on *nix and it has been a blessing for people who are a supporter of open-source but have to work on .net based application.

/

and as mentioned on their website, these following companies provide hosting solutions with asp support using mono

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://www.ubiquityhosting.com/

/docs/faq/aspnet/

Please take a look into this.