xisto Community
Ousk

Delaying The Time Until A Flash Button Can Be Pressed using actionscript

Can anyone tell me how can i make in flash a button that can not be pressed until an amount of time has past? let's say... about 5 mins i need this because i want to hold my visitors looking at the content on the page before they can advance further.

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

5 minutes is a long time to hold your client's attention and not have them hit the back or close button.Have a look at using a redirect to change pages. The first one you do not have clickable links, the second one you can click.

don't know if you can actually do this, but for the body onload tag, can't you make it so that set some script that loads another script after 5 minutes has passed? and 5 minutes IS a very long time, I say 1 minute max...So for example you make a script called "wait", you use the onload tag to load the "wait" program, but in maybe 1 minute time "wait" will load the actual program that allows use of the flash buttons. I say don't do that, let user have freedom around your webpage or else they will loose interest even further.

@jlhaslip thx for the reply it's a good idea with the redirects didn't think of that. @csp4.0 don't really know what u are talking about :lol: cause i don't know programing so i can't do any scripts. i know some http and actionscript from my flash days :P (long time ago) but i searched for a wait command in action script and there is one so i'll try to figure out how it works and use that, thxso first frame the button that can not be pressed, and on this frame i'll put the wait command and after the time has past it will go to frame 2 that will have a working button on it. almost like redirects :DAs for the matter of 5 min, you all don't know my little secret evil plan :D but 5min was an eg. time I'll use something between 5-10sec