xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

He Loved! Yet ?! let us not lose heart

Bob was eight years old when he went to the summer camp for the first time. He seemed excited when he left. Then came his first letter to his parents. Dear mummy and daddy, I hate this place. I got stung by 4 bees. The food stinks. Get me out of here. Please HURRY, Love, Bob. When Bob?s mother read his appeal in a big bold print, she felt her heart tear a little inside her. She wanted to rush to this ?wretched? place and rescue Bob. But she didn?t. She wrote a letter back to him. Dear Bob, I?m sorry about the bee stings. And I?m sure that the food will taste better soon. I can?t get you out from there. But my heart is there with you. I believe in your ability to face the situation bravely. I love you ? Mummy. Dear friends, sometimes when we are in difficult situations, we call to God to get us out. But God does not always rescue us immediately. He leaves us there and lets us grow and learn from our circumstances. Now we read that Jesus loved the little family in Bethany ? Martha, Mary and Lazarus. Yet when He heard that Lazarus was very sick He did not rush to the spot immediately and heal him. We read that Jesus delayed for two more days. We learn only later the purpose for His delay. By the time He reached Bethany, Lazarus was dead and when Jesus raised him to life, His name was glorified among the Jews and many put their faith in Him. So let us not lose heart. When we, the earthly parents know how hard it is to refuse our children?s immediate and urgent needs for their betterment, will not our Father know things better than us? He will come to our aid exactly at the right time!