xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fjrsm

Star Wars

I know that bringing up a Star Wars topic inside a Sub-Forum where Martial arts are discussed seems a bit out of place. You'll quickly see where I am going with this subject.In Star Wars, one can observe decently choreographed fights. Those fights need a Choreographer. I am a Lightsaber Duel Choreographer and Performer. If it gets on film, I will do the Visual Effects for it (being a Visual Effects Artist myself) and I would show people a decent choreography.To choreograph a Lightsaber Duel, you need to know what the Fighters emotions are. You need to know how they are feeling. You need to know if they are angry, mad or insane. You have to figure out all these things in order to generate a good choreography.You also need to know the style of the Fighters. You need to know if they are the kind of fighters that spin a lot and make no damage or if they are still but inflict major damage. The first fights I choreographed didn't look really good... In fact... They looked pretty bad...Now that my skills are improved, I can generate a Choreography worthy of recognition.Let's face it, though... Star Wars fights are not actually examples of what a Lightsaber Fight should be but they have some good guidelines.That is all that I wanted to share with you guys. If you wanna know more about this and how to do it, contact me via PM or post in this topic.I will await your reviews.

wow, you specialize in this stuff? :P kewl! maybe you ought to videotape a lightsaber fight choreography you did yourself and upload your video on youtube so we can appreciate your skills more. maybe more reviews will follow after that. it's hard to visualize the things you explained above with just words. a choreography is a visual thing, and it will be more apt to make your video to showcase it. :lol:

I know sounds cool right?I bought an $80 star wars lightsaber replica to play with at my school but look what happens.. FX Sabers as low as $89.99, sure but as soon as I played with it the blade shattered.If you're a super star wars choreographer can you tell me what lightsabers I should get for like duels with friends.I purchased two for $19 ea and they're working fine I can't really comprehend how long or how far and to what extent I need to force this starwars thing on my friends if they're not going to listen or what brand should I buy. Because truly there is none greater thing than to experience the full powers of the force BWAHAHA :lol:after this I am going to buy this: Darth Maul Star Wars EP I : The Phantom Menace Full Double-Bladed FX Lightsaber by Master Replicas $199.99Can you tell me if the blade is stable or will it shatter like my first one?thanks :P

Yeah I love starwars myself and also Reekun i bought a mint condition lightsaber that anakin skywalker had for about 200 dollars but not the one he really use....yeah its awsome... and yeah the blade is stable mines didn't shatter yet so may the force be with you ^_^

i didn't like the fighting in star wars.

FACT I don't think thats "lightsaber duos" in star wars.

you my friend, sound pro. it get me to think that the people who made star wars hired a bunch of monkeys to teach them how to fight.

i also think that its not a good example of lightsaber fights , because they act so care free (not the pads *cough* ) lightsabers are supposed to be ouchie burn burn not , fling this is my 27 inch sword that will cut choo in half. all of them act like little girls doing the arm fly fight. simply funny looking , not dangerous at all.

also i always noticed that in movies the sword/weaponry SUCKS. you can only prefect it if its real. lightsaber sounds = FAIL ON THE REPUBLIC.

my cousin gave my brother a limited addition darth vader helmet that costs $463574t3 dollars for his 21st birthday. & its not one of those cheap ones that make sounds :].

i think the star wars movie in general gave star war's fighting a bad name. surprising yet, no blood. how can you be combating with no blood?

my point as stated :)