xisto Community
MrSandMan

I Am Using A Free Antivirus That I Found On The Web

Hi folks, I'm new here and still learning the do's and don'ts. So I am not sure if I am allowed to post the name or the link of the antivirus I have found. I wouldn't be surprised if most of you know which one I am talking about anyhow... The basic addition is free, or you can step up to the next package which they charge. The basic free doesn't have the adware & spyware. For that I use search and destroy and adwarese. (not sure if I am allowed to post that, please delete thread if I am breaking spamming rules, sorry)If I am allowed to post the free antivirus here, that'd be great... other wise just yahho or google search "free antivirus" and it'll be #1 in the search :lol: I've been very happy with it, it works great in combination with good ad and spyware programs... And best of all, it's free. I love free stuff :P

Well ive seen it and yes you are allowed to link back to the site. The main rule is don't double post! that's where you'd copy an entire topic and post it in the reply, Like most members on trap we all turn into this when it comes to double postersPosted Image, moderators do ban for frequently doing that.Posted Image(can't say i blame them!)

The rules are in my signature, along with other very useful information:- like how trap 17 got its name and stuff. Honestly it's all very interesting!

I hope this helps

Karlos

I've heard AVG is good, but I prefer avast myself, it offers malware and spyware protection as well and I have yet to catch a virus with it so far, it's blocked all the ones I've almost downloaded so far, so I'm pretty happy with it.

I've found that free anti-virus programs like AVG are actually more effective for me than Norton and McAfee. I've also found that combining it with a good firewall is especially effective, I haven't had any problems with viruses or malware since I started using AVG and Comodo Firewall.

If your going to talk anti-virus software there is a topic about it already, and yes you can post the name of the software and the link just as long as the link doesn't go to some warez site but the actual anti-virus software website. And since your talking about AVG i think it is ok, problem is though it is not effective like it should be because I have it installed on my sisters computer and windows hasn't accepted AVG as a proper anti-virus program. So if anyone goes tips on on to make recognize that that could be useful.