xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cybernet_surfer

Rpg Maker 2003 Music Problem

I have been working with RPG Maker 2003 and I have run into a problem. When I open the BMG tab I try to listen to music. However, when I click play nothing happens. I have the Rtp file with the standard midis in it. But they just wont play. The WAV files included do play. The only way they seem to play is if I put all of the files into my windows media player. Once the first song has played and as long as the player is running I can listen to songs via the RM2K3 program. However, if I stop the player or mute the player I can't hear them on the program. I've no idea how to fix this problem and any help would be great.Cybernet Surfer

Replying to cybernet_surferIt's a weird glitch; I just encountered it. Not even uninstalling/reinstalling fixed it. What I just did was leave my other music player open like you described while running a test game, and then closing the player in the middle of the test (while the game's bgm is playing). Everything magically went back to normal. I don't know what the deal with that glitch is.-reply by miyayoshi

problem solved

Replying to iGuest

Just go into your Control Panel and double click the "Sound and Audio Devices"... Then under the Audio tab, under Sound Playback, click "Volume..." button. Once the scree pops up, just increase your "SW Synth" volume tab. Simple as that. You should be able to hear music in RPG Maker 2003 now.

-reply by havoc

Hi I am having music problems too.I can't listen to any music in the game. I click test play, (to play the rpg) but the title music stopped working, and all the music on the maps don't work as well. The only sound that does work are the sound effects, I can hear those, but not the bacground music.If I open a music player to see if the music is still there and stuff it works and I can listen to it just fine, but It doesn't work if the player is open like you guys said.I tried the Sound and Anudio Devices thing... But there is not a tab like that in my program..Please Help!-question by Guest111

Success!

I fixed the problem with the SW synth thing. If you operate windows, you just double click the volume icon in the bottom right taskbar, and raise the third tab. And to consider I almost abandoned RPG maker over something this easy!

-reply by Demonsul

The opposite problem!Rpg Maker 2003 Music Problem

Hello everyone...Could you give me a hand? I'm being in nerve because of a sound problem in rpg maker 2003...But that's the opposite considering what I read... In fact midi works... But the sound effects work only if I hear it through commands (like "Play SE"). When I try the game test I just hear midi and not any sound effects.

Don't know if it's because of Vista... I've checked already the sound settings in my pc and it works fine...

Thank you everyone!

-reply by FelixEarth

Same problem with MIDI playback on RPGXPRpg Maker 2003 Music Problem

Greetings.

Nope, none of yir solutions is effective. Neither having a player playing MIDI files and closing while playing, nor the SW synt volume (although I tried it and it's volume was at max, otherwise, even MIDI files on a player wouldn't play). Indeed, reinstalling the software doesn't solve this bug... My case is... MIDI files were played normally, and some day I was about to change the tracks and... It didn't play.

For the case of the guy that doesn't hear to SEs, those are in ogg Vorbis format, you should get the appropiate codecs to playback those files and your issue should be fixed.

Anyway, if someone knows how to look the sound configuration in RPGXP, I'd thank if I get that info.

Thanks in advance.

Hi dude, I had the same problem but now I could solve it.most probably you're missing the sfx (sound effects folder) and /or files from the game itself!that's what happened to me.how to fix it :Go to the folder where you have all your chipset.character set , music and sounds in.the folder named SOUND should be in there;Just copy and paste in the folder where your game is situated.voila, hope it helps :)

Try Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio > MIDI Music Playback > Change Default Device to Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth