xisto Community
Tourist

Need Help To Start A Chicken Hatchery We are new in business, please help us

Me and my few friends want to start a new business, a small chicken hatchery in our country (Bangladesh). We have some basic idea to start a chicken hatchery. We also have technical know how to operate a chicken hatchery. A hatchery manager of one of the largest hatchery company in our country will help us to manage hatchery operation. We are also able to provide technical support to our customer in farm level as one of our friend is a veterinarian and have few years experience in the field of technical support for chicks (broiler and layer) in farm level. We have no problem in marketing of chicks. Our another friend has few years experience in day old chicks marketing.But our main problem is we are not expert in other sides, like how to import hatchery machineries, parent stock management, financial etc. and many other problems that we even do not know yet. So, we need some suggestions before starting a hatchery. We also need some tips to make our business more profitable.Please remember, we have all basic technical ideas of hatchery operation like selection of site, hatchery building design, selection of hatchery machines (hatcher, setter, chiller, air condition, compressor etc), medication, disinfection, worker management etc. Mainly we need financial suggestion, how to import hatchery equipments/machineries, how can we get hatching eggs (according to our country law, we can not import hatching eggs), and other hidden problems that still we do not know. We also need suggestions to make our hatchery profitable. If we feel any more problems, I will post later. Please help us to give your suggestion to start our chicken hatchary.

is there no government agency in bangladesh which can provide this kind of support? they may be more knowledgeable of this kind of information you are trying to seek here in the forums for a very country-specific requirement such as yours. look for some government agency dealing with livestocks. that will require some research on your part though since i'm not familiar with bangladesh government institutions... perhaps it could be a Department of Livestocks, or some other name. :P they can better advise you on matters of equipment acquisition, and related issues relevant to your business of choice.on the business side, isn't it a bit risky to be undertaking this chicken hatchery business with the existing concerns on bird flu which are featured in the news lately? is there no particular risk in your area, or nearby communities on this matter? it could dampen your business if you started it and then realize this was overlooked. that's one way of losing money, after initial investment in buying machineries is done. it may not be viable then if your business is hit with an outbreak. you don't want to go bankrupt at the very beginning, although i will agree any business is a risk. just cover your bases so you can avoid the pitfalls of failure.as it is, your government can better advise you on such concerns. just find the right agency, and the right people to advise you. tell us how it goes, and good luck! :lol:

If you can't import eggs, first off you will need to find a local sourse for them. I'm not sure fertile eggs would respond well to importation anyway, as they would have specific handling requirnments which may be difficult in transportation. And since most commercial egg producers raise eggs for consumption, they do not want fertile eggs to sell for eating. And adding a rooster to the flocks would increase costs of egg production, as it would be feeding an extra non egg producing mouth. It may be difficult to find even a local sourse, unless you used small back yar producers, in which case your supplys would be unstable and possibly not of good quality. (hatching eggs take special care in their handling) Would it be possible to have your own flock, or find a partner who would be willing to take on that part of the opperation?

Maybe you can consult about the potential problems with some departments or agencies in your country. Since there might be not so many Bangladeshi on this website and there might be enormous differences in laws or policies in various countries, so it is not likely for the members of Xisto to provide appropriate suggestions which can apply to your situation in Bangladesh. Or you can visit to some mature companies in this field, or be hired be such a company for a time that you can obtain a mature comprehension on every aspect of the operation of such a company. It is always believed that if you wanna succeed in operating your own business, you'd better work for others' business for a time. From this angle, you can also contact some people who are on the manage board in a certain company and hire him/her as your consultant. Best wishes for your new business.

Me and my few friends want to start a new business, a small chicken hatchery in our country (Bangladesh). We have some basic idea to start a chicken hatchery. We also have technical know how to operate a chicken hatchery. A hatchery manager of one of the largest hatchery company in our country will help us to manage hatchery operation. We are also able to provide technical support to our customer in farm level as one of our friend is a veterinarian and have few years experience in the field of technical support for chicks (broiler and layer) in farm level. We have no problem in marketing of chicks. Our another friend has few years experience in day old chicks marketing.
But our main problem is we are not expert in other sides, like how to import hatchery machineries, parent stock management, financial etc. and many other problems that we even do not know yet. So, we need some suggestions before starting a hatchery. We also need some tips to make our business more profitable.

Please remember, we have all basic technical ideas of hatchery operation like selection of site, hatchery building design, selection of hatchery machines (hatcher, setter, chiller, air condition, compressor etc), medication, disinfection, worker management etc. Mainly we need financial suggestion, how to import hatchery equipments/machineries, how can we get hatching eggs (according to our country law, we can not import hatching eggs), and other hidden problems that still we do not know. We also need suggestions to make our hatchery profitable. If we feel any more problems, I will post later. Please help us to give your suggestion to start our chicken hatchery.

well hers is some suggestions,

You should first have, preferably a lot of land depending on how big of an operation you are running. Than you should have a good amount of money or a loan from the bank would help, than you should find a steel building company that will build your farm so its sturdy and cost effective, after its built than you would look around the world for your chicken, some high cost chicken would be a better. A lot of chickens will help, both male and female. But the time it takes for them to have chickens would be a while so you would lose money until you deliver your first shipment. The main problem is that of chicken's quality and brand, its everything in the business market. So you should get a good low price for your chicken and find people who need chicken. Th united states or china is your best bet.

chicken fram i need to start it from the ground up please help me

Need Help To Start A Chicken Hatchery

Hi am a small time island boy trying to make the best of what I have in this hard times.I have an idea to build a chicken farm and I need help to find my machines and I need advies in how to go about making my idea work so far I have alot of land at a great location where no one will be bothered by the noise I have disign a floor with a wash down drian so theres no smell I can build anything myself but I need help with the disigning structure and I want to maximize my space if you have experience and would like to help or be a part of this contact me at jrmn_gibson at yahoo.Com or 1242 441 8343

-reply by jermaine gibson

how to make project proposal and budget on Poultyr farm for bank loanNeed Help To Start A Chicken Hatchery

Dear sir,

With best wishes I wish to know that Agriny Bank has been offer me to make a project proposal and budget on Poultry farm for Bank loan. So please give suggestion how to make project proposal and budget on Poultyr farm for bank loan

Looking for a couple guys for doing a small hatchery & homesteading.Need Help To Start A Chicken Hatchery

Ok guys, this is what I have.  I have property & home in West Virginia.  I am looking for a few guys (the exact # depends on the first ones who become a part of this, we will set down & plan this out and discuss it all amongst us) then we can go from there.  I would like to homestead my property, including a small backyard chick hatchery .  Poultry is no problem at this part, since I already own 49 breeds of poultry, (raising poultry is a hobby of mine) I also continue to add new breeds every month.  I am still in the process of building pens & fences.  I also own 3 of the smaller incubators, with plans already in the works to buy a bigger one.  Also have purchased blue prints for building my own incubators.

As far as the guys I am looking for, is some with diverse interests, maybe sometimes called hippies, and so forth.  They must be openminded, because no one knows what types of guys may ask to be a part of this.  Other than that, we need guys who know how to raise plants/gardens/geen house, construction/fences/pens, guys who know how to preserve food for the Winter months and so forth, general farming knowledge, and guys in general who want to learn this type stuff thru hands on/books/internet.  Also it would be nice to have somebody computer literate, who could build a website, and showcase our little homestead to the world, where we can post questions,or even have questions posted there for us to answer.  I also will state that any guy who is part of this, lives here rent free.  Thats the whole purpose of the homesteading thing, is to use the property to make the money & items we need.

Also, I will mention that yes I want to homestead this property.  Winter is coming upon us before we know it, but what we don't get done before bad weather sets in, is ok.  We will not starve & we will still have a roof over our heads.  I make enough off the property, to cover all bills here. At least you don't have to worry about being in the boon docks with nothing.

So the most important thing here is, any one who responds to this, please be able to prove your at least 18 years old.  No one any younger than 18 will be allowed to live here (unless a parent is living here). Now if you email me & say I am 16 & running away from home, I would like to be part of this, I will probally respond with the local address to the nearest homeless shelter to you.  Also, if you have no way to prove who you are, (state ID, State issued driver license, etc.) please do not waste my time.

Please feel free to email and ask any questions you may have, or ask anything I may not have covered.  If you have a skill that could be useful and not mentioned here, by all means please ask.  As stated above, this is gonna be a group project, not just what I think.  I prefer to set & discuss this whole idea with interested parties, and work details out together.  This is just my ramblings trying to get it at least started & off the ground.

-reply by Tommy

please suggest me how should i start Need Help To Start A Chicken Hatchery

I am 26 years old and I am unemployed.I live in rumtek near Gangtok(Sikkim).Our Government is offering a loan about 600000 lacs for poultry farming and I am fully blank about where to begin.It will be grateful where to start with.In our state(sikkim) poultry is completely ban because of birdflu although some of them import through black market.It will be a grate opportunity for poultry farming.Kindly let me know in detail.

-question by Mahendra rai