xisto Community
gisellebebegirl

Any Good Ask&answer Scripts?

well.. me and my friend were going through some pretty cute sites, and came along this site that had a pretty cool ASK&ANSWER script [by wak or something like that] we tried to go to the website, and bam, we just get ads, so its obvious its down.. and as we were looking for a link to download. we found one, but bam, it was imcomplete.. sadly. and so we went on googling & found out waks answer&ask scrip is nothing more like a virus. sorta like cutenews, [with the search feature] anyone can hack your whole directory, just because of the chrmoded settings.. (no wonder, the site is down >>) but yea we were wondering, if there was a SAFE well known, ask&answer script similar to wak's, if there is could you include the mmm. link to download [official site, if you can!] hahha

thanks!

the xcript looks like this:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by gisellebebegirl (see edit history)

Would a Comment script help? The Users could ask you questions and then you reply?Display all the Q's & A's on a page?Do you have a link to a site which uses this script so we can see it in action? I'm not certain I understand exactly what you need.There are other cutenews-like scripts out there. Xnews for instance.

Well hopefully I get a fan site out of this, but I google for the script in question and found two promising ask & answer scripts for you giselle, and so this hsould make your site look even cooler now.

Script #1

Script #2

So check them out, test them out and see which one works best for your needs.

suck scripts are of great use as users post regularly and the site keep on updating.. thing gives higher ranking in the search engines for sure. i would be happy if any one suggest a free script of that kind.

ok.. i downloaded php ask it or whatever.. but on the instructions, it says"--------FOR NEW INSTALLATIONS OF PHPAskIt--------Before you upload the files to your server, take care to complete the following steps.1. Create a MySQL database and user for this script. You can of course use an existing one, provided you do not already have a script (this one or another) with the same table name."how do you do that o.o cant i just upload everything into the file manager XDhaha. well i pretty much got it all worked out now, thanks to saintmichael (: he did some remote asistance thing, that at first possesed by computer to a point where it collapsed.. but after i closed down my sony vegas, photoshop, limewire, myspace, aim, and all the other crap. we got it to work yay (:now does anyone wanna help me pay the bill?hes not cheap o.o

Edited by gisellebebegirl (see edit history)