xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Do Not Conceal! Just Confess Christ alone can save the sinner

People do not like to hear about their sins, nor do they like to be called as sinners. Let me narrate a story which strongly reveals to us the awfulness of sin. “A church officer came to talk to the church minister one day about sin.

He said to the minister, ‘Sir, we of the congregation wish you would not talk so much or so plainly about sin. We feel that if our boys and girls hear you discus the subject so much, they will all the more easily become sinners.

Why don’t you call it a ‘mistake’ or ‘poor judgment’ – but please don’t talk so openly about sin”. The minister walked over, took a bottle of poison and showed it to his visitor. The bottle was plainly marked with big red letters. “POISON! DO NOT TOUCH!” Now the minister asked, “What would you have me to do?

Do you feel it would be wise for me to remove this plain label and put on one that read ‘Essence of Peppermint?’ Do you see that the milder you make the label, the more dangerous you make the poison?”

Dear friends, let us not dilute the danger of sin by giving it lighter names like, ‘human weakness’ or ‘a trifle’. Billy Graham writes, “Sin is not an amusing toy – it is a terror to be shunned”.

The Bible describes it as iniquity, and lawlessness. So let us not take sin lightly or casually for the Bible says,

“The wages of sin is death.”

(Romans 6:23) No man has the ability in himself to save himself from sin’s penalty or cleanse his own heart of its corruption. It is only in Christ that the remedy for sin can be found.
Christ alone can save the sinner from the torture of hell. He is the Son of God, “heaven’s own appointed Messenger to the sin–ridden earth.” Are you are still making an excuse to come to Him? The time is running short. Confess your sin to Him now. Repent from sinful ways and be washed by His blood. Jesus is waiting for you and me .....
Edited by nirmaldaniel (see edit history)

Wonderful analogy brother! This is absolutely true. Sin has such destructive effects on your life, but it disguises itself as something good. We all need to be careful and guard ourselves against sin.

Wonderful analogy brother! This is absolutely true. Sin has such destructive effects on your life, but it disguises itself as something good. We all need to be careful and guard ourselves against sin.

Sure. I have no problem with calling it sin. Because that's just what it is. But don't try to go the extra mile and try to call it something even worse. Don't overdo it, otherwise you might hear that people won't see your message for what it is and might criticise the messenger for being too, well, fantastic.

But then again, I don't think people really like to be absolutely honest with each other. Then people would say things like, "I don't like you. Not one bit. In fact, I actually hate you. But I respect you for who you are as a human being and that's why I'm lending you 5 bucks." They'd pretty much punch you in the face for that.