xisto Community
alex1985

Finance Forums?! Where Are They?

Hello, everyone! I need a list of forums based on education in finance issues. I'm taking the class which is called: "Financia Markets and Institutions" (FINA321) and I need help from those forums, particularly, a feedback on assignments or even solving it, or give me some concepts and ideas about it.Thanks!

Notice from jlhaslip:
Edit to title

well i'm also doing the the same subjec but i guess the ID of the course is bit diffrent here but. i'm sure the topics in the subject would be the samel.. well if you fidn any one.. please do inform me. well usally i take help by searching on google. wikipedia.com is also not bad to get information. yahoo anwser is also good to know and to take help why dont you start a forum. i'll must join you.. i bet there will be many how are looking for the same.

One way or the other he can and may write over here and any members that have some experience with financial things and economy in general would be certainly more then happy to help him. One way or the other this forum might in fact be all you need just wait some time for the reply.

i think there are few persons here who are studing finance. so i guess it seems impossible that some new used would come here to reply the post because they will think it's a hosting site forum so they might not get the answer or help so making a new forum is better idea for it.

Yep. I will write over here some problems to be solved if anyone can help me, after my studies. I need to get a full credit on this assignment due to the fact that I screwed up my first exam. Please, who can help, or just give the ideas or opinions. I might help as well.

Here is an assignment to be solved. I will really appreciate if anybody can do it!

Show all your work

An increase in which of the following would increase the price of a call option on common stock, ceteris paribus?

Stock Price

Stock Price Volatility

Interest Rates

Exercise Price

II only

II and IV only

I, II and III only

I, III and IV only

I, II, III and IV

Which of the following is true?

Forward contracts have no default risk

Future contracts require an initial margin requirement to be paid

Forward contracts are marked to market daily

Forward contract buyers and sellers do not know who the counterparty is

Future contracts are only traded over the counter

You have agreed to deliver the underlying commodity in 90 days. Today the underlying commodity price rises and you get a margin call. You must have:

A long position in a future contract

A short position in a future contract

Sold a forward contract

Purchased a forward contract

Purchased a call option on a future contract

You find the following current quote for the June T-Bond contract: $100,000; Pts 32nd, of 100%.

Open High Low Settle Open Interest

89-16 89-16 88-22 88-28 45,348

You went long in the contract at the open. Which of the following is/are true?

By the end of the day your margin account would be increased

45,348 contracts were traded that day

You agreed to deliver in June $100,000 face value T-Bonds in exchange for $88,875.

You agreed to purchase in June, $100,000 face value T-Bonds in exchange for $89,500.

I, II and III only

I, II and IV only

I and III only

I and IV only

IV only

A speculator may write a call option on stock with an exercise price of $15 and earn a $3 premium if they though:

The stock price would stay at or above $15

The stock volatility would increase

The stock price would rise above $18

The stock price would stay at or below $18

Both A and B could be true

The higher the exercise price, the________the value of a put and the_______the value of a call.

Higher; higher

Lower; lower

Higher; lower

Lower; higher

A stock has a spot price of $35. Its May options are about to expire. One of its puts is worth $5 and one of its calls is worth $5. The exercise price of the put must be________and the exercise price of the call must be__________.

30; 40

35; 35

40; 30

25; 45

One can't tell from the information given

Suppose a stock is priced at $50. You are bullish on the stock and re considering March calls with an exercise price of $45 and $55 respectively. The 45 call is priced at $8.50 and the 55 call is quoted at $2.75. What should you consider in deciding which to purchase if you do not plan on exercising prior to maturity? Be specific.

So, there are 8 questions waiting to be answered, if someone can do it of cause.

Sorry, I did not number the questions because I can not get it.

Using the BB Code to number them, whenever I wanna continue numbering, it restarts automatically with 1?!

Edited by alex1985 (see edit history)

All right, I am solving myself! Do you need answers for that assignment that may serve as a future reference in the future. By the way, I asked my friend to give it to his dad, because his dad is an accountant and probably he knows how to solve it?!

I doubt that this forum is for discussing educational related stuff here but I think that you should work on these assignmets yourself. It will help in a better understanding of the matter you are covering.