xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Finding The Way be concerned about the millions who are still lost

A little boy was straddling down the streets and suddenly he was lost. He stood crying at a street corner, and a police officer wanted to help him reach his home. He asked the little boy, ?Do you know your dad?s phone number?? The boy could not remember. Then he asked, ?Do you know your street name or the nearest landmark?? Amidst tears the boy answered, ?Sir, I know there is a Church next to my home, and this Church has got a big cross on top of it. If you can show me the cross, I can find my way home.? As we are in the thick of the Lenten season, let us focus our attention on the Cross of Calvary. We might have wandered away from our spiritual nest, and might have lost our way, going far away from God. Today, the cross beckons us to look at it and find our way home. I read the following statement in a book recently. ?What is 750,000 miles long, reaches around the earth 30 times, and grows 20 miles longer each day?? I was thinking about it, and found the answer a few pages down in the book. Here's the answer: ?The line of people who are without Christ.? Yes, if all those who have not yet found Christ and His cross are asked to stand in a single line, then that line would extend to 30 times the circumference of the earth! Mindboggling! Isn?t it? Dear friends, if we have found the Savior then we are safely being guided to our home. He alone can lead us safely home! But, let us not be satisfied with this. Let us be concerned about the millions who are still lost, and are yet to find their way. Let us take them to the cross of Christ and surely they will find their way by themselves. For the light of the cross will lead them.

I've shown interest in God for a while, I wanted to learn all about him but the bible is is very big and the story of the beginning doesn't really start at the begging of the bible and go to the end. I was more interested in what happen in the begging more then anything as I was never a serious believer in anything most of my life to be honest. I had people give me some bible lessons and been around friends who are believers but I never had the nerve to ask too many questions. I was afraid I would offend them in some way if I asked specific questions that might border on inappropriate. They were kind people and I just hate to do anything like that to them so I kept quiet. There was one time when I did ask about what happen in the beginning like before God created earth and man but the response I got was we shouldn't worry about too much detail of that and focus on who god is and his intentions for us. I was a bit skeptic then because to me knowing about the truth and the beginning was something I wanted to find out and for them to tell me that I didn't know what to think.I guess I would like to ask where in the bible I can read more about this and if anyone can fill some void in my knowledge about this it would be very much appreciated. I want to know the beginning. I understand the story goes like this. God has always existed and we don't know what hes been doing all that time before he began to create us. I understand he first created Jesus and all the other angels. They all live in heaven and everyone served god obediently. Like us they were given free will so they had choice whether they follow God or not. I don't know what they were doing at the time but I'm assuming God was busy creating things and the angels were serving god, the time frame between creations would be millions of years but it would seem like a blink of an eye to them. Eventually Satan who was also an angel wanted to be worshiped like God and decided to start rebelling God, He gain some followers from other angels who defied Gods wishes. This is when evil was growing and eventually a war broke out in the heavens between Satan and his followers and Jesus and the faithful angels (is this correct?).Now this part I'm not sure but eventually God goes on to create the earth and man. If a war was breaking out between Good and Bad in the heavens then why would God create earth and man at such a time? It docent make sense so I'm going to assume God created earth and man before Satan started rebelling. After Satan's rebellion God had decided to cast him and his followers into earth as punishment where they will eventually expire. Now Satan knowing hes got a short time to remain takes his furry out on man kind and begins his deception on mankind wanting us to not know the real God doing everything he can to prove to God that he is right and not God (this is genesis as I'm aware of).So that is basically my knowledge from the beginning. I'm sure you guys can fill in the voids and correct any mistakes I have. I cant point out why its important for me to know the beginning but I guess if I did I would find it easier to continue my belief then not knowing. Am I wrong to want to seek the truth about the begging and should just be faithful in God with or without that knowledge? We are suppose to know him right and part of knowing him would be to know the full truth including the beginning IMO. I cant carry on if I don't know. I have not preyed to him as often for a long time and I think I may be losing faith. I know many stories about how hes caring, patient, and all the other endless good traits but I need to know more like other things.

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)