xisto Community
mistab

Dreams For Halo 3 (or Halo Mods) What youd think cool features would be

This thread is intended for all you happy Halo people to come up with some improvements for Halo 2.I'll start:1. How to make the needler decent, without making it any less needlerishMake it's shots always reflect off non-target material. Make it so that whenever they reflect off a non-target material, they will locate the nearest enemy and bounce off in that direction. Thus, this weapon would not only be good for shooting around corners, but for flushing people out of cover. It would be very, very useful. In team games, you could have one person have duel needlers and another something like SMG's. Whenever the oponent hides to regain his shields, the needler fellow just shoots the ground next to the oponent. Of course, they may have to make it non-duel-wieldable, otherwise it would be too good.2. ShieldsMake jackal and hunter shields just like normal weapons you can pick up. With duel wielding, you can wield a jackal shield in one hand and fire with a onehanded weapon with the other. When you pull the trigger for the shield, you hide behind it.With hunter shields, you would be severly demobilized, but they would offer better protection and allow you to also wield a two-handed weapon (since you could prop it up in a slot in the shield). Snipers rejoice!Just a few ideas. Tell me yours!

I definetly like both of those idea and think they would help make the game more interesting. Here are some of my own:1. A knife, a basic weapon that never runs out of ammo. I used to get annoyed when i would slaughter a group of enemies, leave their pathetic weapons only to run out of ammunition halfway through the next wave of enemies. When this happened, there wasnt much left to do except die...Carrying it can be optional, and it doesn't have to be one hit one kill, but something to give you a chance.2. Figure out how to make the alien and human rocket launchers and sniper rifles more even. I'll split this in two: -The human rocket launcher can lock onto targets and destroy them, making it awesomely useful against ghosts. However, the alien rocket launcher cannot, make its only use to kill foot soldiers. -The alien sniper, if used correctly, never needs to re-load until you run out of ammo. This is the best when playing multiplayer and you have a lot of time to make your snipe, maybe when facing the entire enemy team moving as one unit to protect a bomb-carrier. However, with the human sniper, when facing a group of enemies the re-load time can be hindering or even deadly. Don't pretend you've never gotten pissed off when you lose your perfect headshot so you can load another case.I love the "glitch" on burial grounds, watching someone climb the stairway to heaven is possible the best part of the game. If they were to make a sequel, they should definetly include more "glitches".Thats it for now, nice topic idea :rolleyes: .

I thought that the needler had been updated pretty well for Halo 2. Dual-weilding needlers can be extremely lethal and can kill in just a few seconds if you're good enough.But something I'd like to see as downloadable for Halo 2 would be the ATV Marine vehicle that was scraped. Also, a remake of the multiplayer map Hang 'Em High and Prisoner would be awesome.For Halo 3, I'd definately like to see more emphasize on figthing on earth (which is obviously going to happen anyway). I think it'd also be awesome to show more of a teamwork-type relationship between the Chief and the Arbiter.

But something I'd like to see as downloadable for Halo 2 would be the ATV Marine vehicle that was scraped. Also, a remake of the multiplayer map Hang 'Em High and Prisoner would be awesome.

I agree. I really liked Hang Em' High and i would love to drive the ATV. But another option i would to see would be the flamethrower. If you have the special edition Halo 2. On the 2nd disc (DVD), they were planning on throwing in the flamethrower as a weapon, but they decided at the last minute to remove it from the game entirely :D , the flamethrower would be so fun in multiplayer. They also should put the original pistol back from Halo 1. The one in Halo 2 just is terrible compared to halo 1.
EDIT: I would also love the sheilds as useable accessories.
Edited by CKY (see edit history)

What I reckon would be cool for HALO 3 is that you can drive the pelican. It would be hard work for the Microsoft company. But if that was possible it would be cool. Driving the Pelican around Getting your team mates into it this would be cool.

What I reckon would be cool for HALO 3 is that you can drive the pelican. It would be hard work for the Microsoft company. But if that was possible it would be cool. Driving the Pelican around Getting your team mates into it this would be cool.

60578[/snapback]

That would be cool but i have a better idea how about they make a flying vehicle that can hold more than 1 person like the wart hog but flying. not neccesarily the pelican but an easier to manouver vehicle srry if i misspelled alot of things :P

i like all the ideas (espeasially the pelican) but i think the needler would be to good if it could bouce towards enemies i think the best thing they could do is increase the size of xbox live so more plp could play somthing like 32 and the pelican could be purly for transport

My Halo 3 Wishlist:

MULTIPLAYER BOTS - I wish their would be MULTIPLAYER BOTS in MULTIPLAYER mode so we can practice with them and when we do play against real player over at XBOX Live or with your friends you know you've been a lot better because of all the practice you have been doing.

SMARTER ALLY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - I'm not saying the AI for your teammate are bad, but it could have been better. I mean a lot better. Like everytime your allies are driving the vehicles they would be crashing everywhere and don't know what their doing.

ABILITY TO CONTROL YOUR TEAM - For example in Rainbow Six 3 you are able to tell your teammates to follow, flank, retreat, etc. I think BUNGIE needs to find a way for you to control your teammates.

PLAY FROM ONE PERSON'S VIEW - What I mean is instead of a story from two different people's point of view instead just stick to one and that would be stick with Master Chief's point of story. Or even better like in the beggining of the CAMPAIGN tell the USER to pick which character you want to adventure with. That would be really awesome.

Yeah, so that's all I can think of right now. BUNGIE keep up the GREAT WORK!

It would be awesome if you could create your personal logo in multiplayer (like tony hawk underground 2); also, I agree: wish their would be MULTIPLAYER BOTS in MULTIPLAYER mode so we can practice with them and when we do play against real player over at XBOX Live or with your friends you know you've been a lot better because of all the practice you have been doing.( Mainly because I don't have XBOX Live)-TkJoLLy <--(Gamertag)

They should make it a download for forg on halo 3 were you can put enimy AI so that you can practice. and the warthog in the campaing were thers no weapon and theres just seats, it would be great cause you could get ur team to a certin place with out losing to many vehicles. and I like all the other ideas to.-Casey

3rd person view and other characters

Dreams For Halo 3 (or Halo Mods)

I think it will be cool to have 3rd person view because you can see when and enemy is behind you. I think it will be cool to play as other characters like grunts brutes jackles drones and hunters.

-reply by jesse mattthews

In forge you should to be able to make already blown up veichles it would be good scenery and weapen holders and I loved the ideas about bots and pelican

haunted house

Dreams For Halo 3 (or Halo Mods)

Make a haunted house and make brutes,gruntes,jackels and hunters in it

-reply by king snack

Replying to scab_dogIt wouldn't be hard for Microsoft to make a flyable pelican. Everything is there, its animation, everything's solid, its missiles all are set up, as we can see in Sierra 117, so everything is set up. All they need are controls, which people have already discussed at Bungie's homepage, and an interface.-reply by Torin