xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
goldtupac

A New Game Idea For The Future New game

I haven't started collage to be a video game programmer and lead designer. But i have a great idea for a game and i wanted to share it with some people to get their opinion. The game is a first person shooter (and can be made a rpg) and its about 2030 and man kind has just found out a way to reach the next solar system that has alien life on it. When it all goes wrong and we have to save our planet from destruction from aliens. You are sent out to stop them on lots of missions to destroy their "mother ship" or a planet (not sure yet). Thats it so far its a work in progress and i still have lots of time to evolve this idea (around 3 years maybe) so give me feedback on what you guys think.

Well firstly, you will need a character that develops. FPS is much more interesting when the story takes one deep into it. There should be betrayal, that always works. >=D Anyways, you didn't really give a lot of information. That description is kind of mellow, and vague, and could be any game. Thus, give more backstory, then I'll tell you what I think.

There is already a FPS game out thats got a similar story line. The aliens are coming to destroy earth and your their only hope. You go to their plane to destroy them I think or something along that lines. I'm sorry I don't remember the name of that game. Your story and this one is a bit too close so I would suggest you change it or add more things. Its a good start though you just need to keep adding more to it. Update us with what you've decided OK.

Yea i recently was thinking of this and i think the game you might know of is mass effect but i am not sure. But i am still thinking of ways to make the plot better, story line, characters and so on. I will continue to improve it and keep you informed.

There is already a FPS game out thats got a similar story line. The aliens are coming to destroy earth and your their only hope. You go to their plane to destroy them I think or something along that lines. I'm sorry I don't remember the name of that game. Your story and this one is a bit too close so I would suggest you change it or add more things. Its a good start though you just need to keep adding more to it. Update us with what you've decided OK.

It was done in Independence day and the game Prey I believe. It's an old story and is done a lot of times before.

Its an old story yes, but that won't ruine your game experience.. as long as you animate it well and it doesn't asks too much from your FPS..

This is a common storyline of a game. I have came across many of suc games. But that does'nt mean another if such a game is useles, it just needs something to be improved. For instance, better graphics or better gameplay would be good.

There is already a FPS game out thats got a similar story line.

Correction: There are already plenty of games with a similar storyline.

It would take a huge amount of effort to make a game with that storyline that could stand out as a good game. It can certainly be done, but you have to spend a very long time and a lot of effort to sit down and plan out a storyline that will captivate the player and make them keep wanting to play.

Demonfire is correct. This game would take a monumental amount of work to make it stand out, since the same basic storyline has been used many times throughout the years, and would require many twists and innovations to make it interesting.

I think that if the focus of the game would be around the invasion of earth itself and built on things that were more primitive in nature to that of the common stroyline in most games when everything is futuristic, anyway I think you would want to make a storyboard with drawings and in depth explanations of what kind of game you want it to be would be a good start at this. Of course I am not game developer myself but i can do level design with gtk radiant,my textures with photoshop are a little skethy but nothing that a little tutorial won't fix. I know you would want a game engine to build off of. The quake lll source code has been released under GNU and there is blender for modeling, now you just need skilled people and a good story. What I say is more primitive to that of most scifi could give a new flavor genre.