xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
paVer

Christians Hey why do we not have a forum?

That's weird i realize everyone hates us Christians and are Ugly Pride but not all of us are like that. i think every one will agree any thing we do, can not be changed even if You can go back in time and change some thing it still happened the first time. this is what i believe hell is, not even the Living God can change anything we do. i do sincerely am sorry i do not believe what You believe because this is what sin is when i make You feel uncomfortable at all no matter what my stupid reason are, i believe my God on judgment day will put that feeling You have on a scale and it can be weighed. i can not sin against a rock. This is why when i walk i will only do stuff that i am willing to carry with me forever because i believe i will carry it with me forever and yes if You have read my post i have sinned against sunmicrosystems and are willing to carry that sin. God does not care about the religion You believe. None of any of us and are beliefs can shake God's Glory and Power! Set a star in the sky and God might be even a bit impressed still does nothing to God's Power seat God cares about how You Honor Your beliefs. Rev Billy Graham helped thousands to know Christ, Nothing but filthy rags to God, so i believe we are all just a few degrees apart.Remember these are my beliefs and beg Your forgiveness that i do not believe the way You do. i am just trying to get some free web hosting, paVer

I would na say everyone hates Christians. Well I CAN say that because collectively I am a part of that mass and I don't hate Christians. Even though my belief preference is not Christian, I have two Christian friends whom I not only adore but respect.I think people have a problem with pushy Christians. The ones that tell you that you are going to Hell over and over because you do not believe in what they do.However when you break it down, I think people just have a problem with "pushy" if they were willing to take the religious title out of it. I don't care if you are Christian, Atheist, Buddhist, Pagan, Satanic, or some follower of a cult that worships the Great Dish Master........if you get pushy on me I'm not likely to respond in a positive manner. In fact I feel sorry for the pushies. They push because in my opinion they have NOT found the solace that they so go on about. It's more of a campaign to affirm that they are doing the right thing. If one is truly at peace with their path then why do they need that external reaffirmation?Anyways that is just my two guatalajaran centavos on the matter.

I hate the pope and the Arch Bishop of Canterbury - basically the leaders but not christians... the reason I hate them is the pope doesn't change catholism which remains a very sexist and racist religion (not saying the followers are either of these things) and the arch bishop etc though are slightly more modern keep trying to interfere with britain with non-reigious stuff such as games ...

I'm sorry Paver, but what you are describing isn't Christianity. Christianity is the belief that Jesus, the son of God, came to Earth to live a perfect life so he can be the ultimate sacrifice for us and forgive us of our sins. To be a Christian, you not only believe this, but you follow the path that Jesus set for us. He tells us that there will be times when people don't like what we say and will be hurt by our actions, but it's not because we sinned. I'm sure Jesus made tons of people mad when he was down here (why else would they have crucified him?); however, he lived a sinless life.I myself wouldn't call myself a christian really because people label christians a certain way that doesn't describe someone who follows Jesus, so in reality I'm a Jesus-freak, I'm someone who goes by what the Bible says, not what my pastor or anybody else says, but what I find that Jesus told me what to do.

Rev Billy Graham helped thousands to know Christ, Nothing but filthy rags to God, so i believe we are all just a few degrees apart.

I must, and I strongly disagree with this. This statement is grossly unbiblical. However, if you are reffering to the fact that we cannot earn salvation and that anything we do is worthless when it comes to salvation, I agree with you. But due to the implications of that statement (as Billy Graham is clearly a new being in Christ), I will have to disagree with you. As he is already saved, I can only assume that you are saying that whatever we do for God and for His glory is worthless! The very thought is disgusting to me. Billy Graham is clearly lead by the Spirit to do what he does, if it was worthless to God surely Mr. Graham would not be doing what he is doing today.

That is all I have to say.
Your Brother In Christ.

Believe it or not I don't hate Christians, in fact I see it as wrong to hate any group of people for any reason. I appreciate the fact that you guys have deep faith and that you guys believe in what you believe in 100%. I however DO recognize that there is a certain majority of Christians who are pushy, annoying, mean and abusive about their religion. There ARE some closed minded people who refuse to allow others their own views and beliefs and attempt to force what they believe on said others.This being said I believe that it is not just Christians who do this. Christians just happen to be the most known for it. Any group with deep religious beliefs (or any beliefs for that matter) especially ones that believe that they are right or "the only way" will have individuals and groups of individuals who do this kind of thing.I recently read an article about a woman in another country who was jailed because she switched religions from Muslim which is against their law there. These people who were not christian are doing what Christians are stereotyped as doing on a greater scale.I believe personally that there is no right and wrong in life beyond being generally good to others (be that humans, animals or the environment or anything else) I also believe that whatever god or gods are out there would not want us to hate another group of people simply because of a few people's actions. Heck hate in and of itself should not be practiced anyways. It only breeds bad things.Also a small hint, adding the part about you just wanting to get hosted is kinda redundant, most of the people here are the same and I know personally I accept that at least some posts wouldn't be made except for that reason. Also bringing up a good discussion for what ever reason is good enough, no need for explanation.

We were actually talking about this just yesterday in my group and how maybe it's that many Christians just focus on giving a Gospel message rather than just speaking truth to people. People need to search through truth themselves and throwing answers won't work, they have to think it through and be convinced of it for themselves. What I'm saying is, maybe rather than pushing for a decision on salvation, Christians should just talk it through with people about what they believe and what has the most meaning in life. We're each on our own journeys to find truth and meaning in life.And as a Christian, I don't like the pope (or any popes) either. <_<The closest I came to agreeing with the original poster is when he said all is filthy rags to God. God alone is good and worthy of praise, none of us should be having other gods before Him. Nothing and no one should be in competition for "first" in our minds with God. Friends will let us down, people will let us down, family will let us down. God won't. :(

While the discussions above are very interesting, none of it seems to address the question posed in the description of this thread, namely "Hey why do we not have a forum?" Even the original poster, paVer, does not seem to address the question, but tries to defend Christianity. It seems to me that the whole "Spirituality and Consciousness" forum on the Xisto forums is representative of a single religion. The introduction to the forum is an excerpt from Ravi Shankar,1 the founder and key proponent of a form of meditation called Sudarshan Kriya. All of the subforums under the "Spirituality and Consciousness" forums seem to have some influence of such teachings.

Now, I know that Xisto and OpaQue are based in India, and therefore that explains the source for such an influence on the forums here. However, the question has been raised by paVer, (and I think it is quite relevant), about why other religions and other world-views are not equally represented? I feel that there is a whole area of the Xisto forums that is "off limits" to me, and a whole area of topics of discussion are taboo because I am not an Indian and I do not share the views of Ravi Shankar, Sri Chinmoy, etc.

Coming from a predominately Christian, English-speaking, Western country, I am interested in discussing issues relating to Christianity. I am sure that there will be people from other religions also keen to discuss their own religion also. We are not all Indian on here, nor Hindu, nor do we all read the Bhagavad Gita. Perhaps there could be a shake-up of the "Spirituality and Consciousness" forums to make them more representative of other religions, and not just pandering to one world-view. Having the layout of the current "Spirituality and Consciousness" forums coming under a topic description drawn from one single religion, seems a little bit biased. The description for the "Pray Spiritually" forum is just as biased....

"Spiritual Believers Welcome. Spiritual People believe your God as My God, call it Allah, Christ, Krishna etc. For us, All is one. We are scientific believers who feel we are all One. We respect all Colors of Spiritually and we believe in embracing the full spectrum of Spirituality. We realize our goal as humans is nothing but Self-Realization."

Now, what exactly is that meant to mean? It brings to mind an old saying that I heard once: "If you don't stand for something, then you will fall for anything!" This pantheistic view, that all paths lead to God, seems to be very reminiscent of Bah?'? teachings. While Christians are often characterized and chastised for being overtly active in proselytizing, we do need to remember that, as KainRacure says above, Christians are not the only ones who try to push their beliefs onto others. Trying to force a Christian to accept that Jesus Christ is equal to Allah, Krishna, etc, is just as repulsive to Christians as it would be for a Christian to try to force their beliefs on someone else. Perhaps a review of the "Spirituality and Consciousness" forums should involve a simple list of the major religions in alphabetical order, so that nobody can claim precedence.

As for the proselytizing ways of some Christians, we are told by Jesus to "go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."2 This explains WHY Christians try to convert others to Christianity. But it doesn't explain HOW some choose to do it! As GrinningKittie and others say above, being pushy is not the answer, as it is more likely to put people off.

One final question is, (just a little tongue-in-cheek here, not really serious) how many Credits get deducted from OpaQue for quoting Sri Sri Ravishankar in the description of the "Spirituality and Consciousness" forum without properly attributing it? :)

[hr=noshade]References:

1What is Spirituality?

2Matthew 28:19-20 (New International Version)

[/hr]

Edited by travstatesmen (see edit history)

Excuse me, I have known several point of view why people hate christian. I am living in a country that some of them hates christian very much, this is the list of what happens here1. First, christian must be rich, this is a way of thinking in my country. Everyone if they said christian then it will be associated with materials or money.2. Second, many assumes that the money come from selling country, like selling wood, ground, collaborate with foreigner (which is assumes must be christian) to build resort and such which is luxurious and only offer for tourist, and local people cant visit there, though it is the country land. So people gather hatred towards christians3. Three, christian must be America, many of local people hates America, due to America has big power, they are gossiped to be able to manipulates news and control information, and thus they are luring to think that everyone against America is against truth, and christian is assumed on behind of what happen.4. Just like bombing of Bali, many locals are saying that it is the work of America, and christian must be taught about luring the world, which America uses the incident to try to blame it on moslem, they all believe that, though I dont know and not wishing to know who in fact on behind the scene5. Christian is capitalist, which is also being against with, because the different number between rich and poor, the poor always said that the rich is brainwashed by capitalism and thus they become cool hearted and let many people suffer, and thus they said that christian should be blamed to teach capitalism. Though the rich argued that the poor does not work hard and does not being competitive and lazy, and that is also a truth from what i have seen so far.6. And the final is about racial problems, the local hate jewish, and jewish is christian (they assume that), and even more christian is mentioned in their bible that need to war with, and thus all this becomes messy.The conclusion I made from the incidents is, we should be smart that religion is not something we live for, you know why, the christians or moslems themselves is only a mere human, that they do what they think is okay, which of their behaviours can't be associate with their religions and the group inside of this religion, is the responsibility of who do it, so we cant easily assume someone mistake and blame it to their religions. if Bali is bomb, then try to look for who does it, find prove, if proven enough, then punish him and let go the problems.But the problems lie at stupid people who is not well educated, since they are keep blaming and blaming, only wish to gain something from the incident, like the bomb incident, people trying to pay attention to who does it, some says it is Moslem, then they try to hate them and creating an organization based on hatred to fight them, while some others said it is Christians, then they try to hate them and create an organization also with hatred to fight them. They are easily influenced by people, because of poor, they do anything to survive, like war, and yet some even uses this chance to become famous, to attract attention, followers, and the final is of course money.The reason people trying to do bad things, follow organization is finally because of money, but they are different, in west people getting money by working hard, but in this country they are often want to be given money because how muscular or how hero he is, maybe acting like a landlord. They dont have the point of view of working hard, and many of them are lazy, and feel enough with little and deeper inside they still complaining and thus spreading rumours of hatred is how they work. This results in unstable country like mine.The context I write is, religion is just a thing, we shouldnt be blinded by any of truth and thus we are making other to suffer because of what we call our truth. We should always in a win-win solution, because no situation that we would win, and other is lose, and this situation is accepted, only situation of both win is well accepted anywhere.

innosia, from reading your post it would seem to me as though you may be confusing Western culture with Christianity. There is a big difference. I am sure that there are plenty of Christians in places like Korea and China and India who would disagree with your statements that "Christian must be rich", and "christian must be American", and even "Christian is capitalist". Sure, from my post above, you could be forgiven for thinking that I presuppose that all Indians are Hindus. I definitely do not believe that, just as I know that there are many Christians in China. Religion is a personal thing, and you can not really tightly link a particular religion to a particular geography. Here in New Zealand, a very Western country and part of the British Commonwealth, we have a wide variety of religions represented here, even though the predominate and historic religion is Christianity. Religion and culture are not the same thing. I could still be a Christian but be living in your country. I could raise children in your country and they would be considered to be "locals", but I could teach them my Christian faith, and they would (hopefully) choose to be Christian also. But they would be "locals" to your country. How then could you say that "many of local people hates America", or "the local hate jewish" as my children would be "locals" but would not hate Americans or Jews. Religion doesn't have to do with culture or geography, you see.

My own neighbors, living here in New Zealand right next door to me, are Muslim. They practice their religion quite openly, and yet they live in a Western country, here amongst the hated capitalists. Does that make them any less Muslim?