xisto Community
demonlord

Bbcodes On Websites

Did you use the function I wrote? The function doesn't automatically parse it for you, you actually need to call it <_<

instead of something like this:

echo mysql_result($result,0,"post");

Try this:
echo bbReplace(mysql_result($result,0,"post"));

All right. How to integrate the complicated BB Code Parsing like the one on this forum, with pictures, a user just click the picture and the action will follow. You can take the quick form reply as an exemple for that.

Both the opening of the Fast Reply box, and the buttons for adding BBCodes work by using Javascript. The Fast Reply box is opened and closed by using HTML and CSS properties to display and hide elements. The Javascript just toggles between displaying the box, and not displaying it.

Getting the BBCodes inserted is a bit trickier, and notoriously hard to get working in IE, FF, Opera, Konqueror, Safari and all the other browsers. The code can get quite complex to work across all the browsers, and rather than try to write it myself and replicate it here, I'll point you to a Google search that contains many different ways of achieving this, each with their own pros and cons: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en&gws_rd=ssl=