xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshua

Thinking About New Site, But... How?

Alright, here's the deal: I'm thinking about creating a new site called http://imptestrm.com/rg-erdr.php?_dnm=www.usacompanies.com&_cfrg=1&_drid=as-drid-2300300503455222 (or at least the name I'm going with right now) to provide Americans with info about how many employees of companies are Americans, what percentage of total employees of companies are Americans, what the average salaries of workers are, what CEO's are paid, what benefits companies give workers, etc. Basically an informational site allowing Americans to support companies that are good for America.Anyway, here's the dilemma: I'm not sure whether to set it up on Qupis or Xisto. I wouldn't mind an ad supporting Xisto, in fact, I'd like to have it on the site since unlike my current site (a job site I intentionally try to keep out of search engine results), I think this one will have the potential to get good traffic. However, I want to give it a domain name with the 280 credit requirement after posting for the credits. Now, I looked on Qupis and didn't see an option to get domain names. But on Xisto, there are no ads. How can I have both? Also, does Qupis have all the same site features that Xisto does aside from the ads?

Well I must say that I like your idea though there is already some similar ideas which incorporate wikipedia that is mediawiki or wiki software in their idea to easily and in concise way represent data to you. So if you are really thinking about this then I would suggest that you use google around and track similar sites of this origin and use their already probed ideas learn from their failuers and in such way you will reach the higher probability of success. good luck with oyur project if you have any needs for help with php and mysql give me a buzz. Good luck once more.

Well I must say that I like your idea though there is already some similar ideas which incorporate wikipedia that is mediawiki or wiki software in their idea to easily and in concise way represent data to you. So if you are really thinking about this then I would suggest that you use google around and track similar sites of this origin and use their already probed ideas learn from their failuers and in such way you will reach the higher probability of success.
good luck with oyur project if you have any needs for help with php and mysql give me a buzz.

Good luck once more.

Well, you would think there would already be sites helping Americans buy from America-supporting companies but I've looked and can't find anything even remotely similar. If I could find any I'd be happy to reference them on my site but it looks like all the info for it will have to be individually researched since I can't find any site that compiles it yet.

My idea again, in case I was unclear before, is to make a site which compares all different companies based on a variety of factors so people can see which ones are best for America. Some of the factors would include:

-Number of American workers in a given company
-Percentage of all workers in a company that are American
-Average salary of workers
-Management salary info
-Benefits given to workers
-Good/bad news about company's impact on America (whether they're putting ma and pa stores out of business, outsourcing jobs, doing charity work, etc.)

This way, people can go to the site and instantly get reliable information about which companies to buy from that support the American economy the best.

I don't understand your dilemma. Xisto provides everything for you, web hosting as well as a domain name if you have enough credits for it. You can easily get what you want with Xisto, the only catch is that you have to have lots of credits and that is only possible by posting regularly, but looking at the number of posts you have to your name, that shouldn't be a problem now would it?

If you really want to put those ads up, you can make your own banner/textlink. Just ask someone areound here that works at GFXTrap. I'm sure they'd be happy to help.The ads don't have to be put on your site by Xisto or Qupis. You can do it yourself.

If you really want to put those ads up, you can make your own banner/textlink. Just ask someone areound here that works at GFXTrap. I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
The ads don't have to be put on your site by Xisto or Qupis. You can do it yourself.

Okay, thanks. I guess I can probably do it on Xisto with an Add-On domain then.

However, I have another question: once getting an Add-On Domain will I be able to use the 280 credit domain name change only on the Add-On Domain and not the regular domain (my job site)?
Edited by Joshua (see edit history)