xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adenrake

Hello World

Hi. I'm just joined. I've been a lurker for a (extremely) long time, and I never joined because I can't write (as in, I lack the inspiration to write). I really want to start a tech blog (yea I know), and I don't really want to spend any money on it. Anyways, I know that Xisto is pretty reliable and I KNOW that the people here are very friendly ... so...Hello Everyone.

Welcome to our forum adenrake.

Nice to see that you already know that people here are very friendly, and that the hosting is reliable. It means that the words are finally spreading around. :P Hehe.

Well, I do not really know what to tell you, but because no one yet has told you this: Remember to read the Xisto README. It is important that you learn even more about Xisto. If you have got some questions about the hosting or something else, you will probably find the answers there.

Anyway I wish you good luck with your hosting. Hope to see you around. :P

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

Hello adenrake Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich, in Michigan, USA. Hmm, you have been lurking <_<. Glad you decided to come out of hiding and join us. You are right on all accounts about Trap 17. Congratulations for deciding this is the place to be hosted. You claim you are not inspired to write. Well you seem to be doing alright so far. Keep up the interesting posts.

Make sure you don't post a lot of one-liners, they are considered spam. It is not the number of posts you make, but the quality that earns you credits for hosting. You can use the links just above my sig to learn all about Trap 17.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Yea I know about how the hosting credits work and about the rules as well (they are basically the same on most forum - no spam, no referral links, nothing grossly adult, etc. etc.). I hope I don't break, although I come with no guarantees. <_<Thanks for welcoming me, btw.

Ooo topic title "hello world"? Could we possibly have another programer here? If so you will fit right in... If you're not I'm sure you'll fit in just fine anyway <_< Anyway welcome to trap! I see you have been greeted already by the unofficial trap welcomer.... Mich is always so enthusiastic to welcome all of our new members. But you will mainly see me around the programing and computer sections of the board. When I'm not locked away with my computer I am posting in those sections on trap... Actually I need my computer to post on trap so I'm basically on the computer 24/7...

A Programmer? No. An Aspiring Programmer? Yes. I have a deep interest in Web Programming so I started learning that. I am pretty good at XHTML and CSS and I know the absolute basics of Javascript and PHP, meaning I can alter existing scripts to some extent but can't really write efficient code on them. Right Now I'm focussing on PHP, which I hope to complete in a month, because I think I could make a really functional site easily using XHTML CSS and PHP. I'll move onto Javascript and Ajax after that.

A Programmer? No. An Aspiring Programmer? Yes. I have a deep interest in Web Programming so I started learning that. I am pretty good at XHTML and CSS and I know the absolute basics of Javascript and PHP, meaning I can alter existing scripts to some extent but can't really write efficient code on them. Right Now I'm focussing on PHP, which I hope to complete in a month, because I think I could make a really functional site easily using XHTML CSS and PHP. I'll move onto Javascript and Ajax after that.

Good plan, just remember you learn the best just by trying to do stuff. I had a book on php, didn't really help me at all, but I really got good when I started developing websites. When I needed to know how to do something I would just google it. I would just learn stuff as it came to me. If you have any questions that you can't find on google don't be afraid to post it here, and me or one of the other programmers will be more than happy to help.