xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
A200

My Pet Died I am grieving

Hi all,At around 7:30pm this evening we put my pet bird to sleep (injecting the green dream) and she died shortly after... :P I am pretty distraught, but I knew we had to do it sometime, as her organs were shutting down and her liver shut down today. She had been extremely anorexic since the beginning of this year, and we tried everything to keep her alive..Well suppose thats the problem of having pet chooks, even though they are cute and extremely humanised (I hugged one of the others and it is sleeping on my lap as I write this), so we now have 6 left... she was the daughter of one of the others as we hatched her from an egg when we used to have roosters (one neighbours actually liked the roosters but a new person moved into the street and the first thing they did was ring the council)... :P

Why did they ring the council i don't get it? I feel your loss man I had a dog a while back I had him for about 13 years and when he died I felt a part of me die with him. Makes me sad just thinking about it even though I didn't treat him the best I don't know. You never know what you got till its gone. How long did you have the bird for? at least you got more then one but still its sad.

She was born in March 2005, her 3rd birthday would've been tomorrow...It's a very long story, but basically roosters are illegal in Brisbane suburbs, and these ones did crow a lot but our neighbours didn't mind until the new people came in and wanted to change everything.

that's sad to hear. our female dog (i won't use the b word) just had puppies last year and I was so excited because it has been a long time since we had a puppy in the house. to make it even more interesting, she gave birth to three puppies, one with black spots and two all black puppies. I've always wanted to have a black dog. all of the sudden, the puppies became sick and one died after the other. I was devastated and couldn't even save one of them. I was even consulting sheepdog here in the forums as to how I could try and prevent them from getting sick and dying. imagine, seeing those puppies on Thursday, with one puppy dying per day for three days for the next three days.

That's sad that you lost your bird... I hope you'll recover from the shock. My pet, a hamster, died last year. It was horrifying to see him dead... he didn't move anymore. I was happy that he finally got some peace, but he was a great loss to my whole family. I just wish that he has it okay up there.We bought new hamsters just after he died... hamsters and other pets in general give so much more back than you give to them. <_<

Sorry to hear about your bird. At least you have others in your household to kind of help ease the pain. Grief at the lose of a pet is very tramatic with most pet owners. Our animals become part of our every day life and the pleasure and company they give us becomes so ingrained in our daily routine it is very difficult to accept that they are no longer with us. It has been almost 2 years since my Standard Schnauzer Ebony died, and I still miss seeing her at my feet. But it is that companionship and pleasure our pets give us that keep us comming back for more. The life span of most of the animals we generally consider for pets is very short compared to human life. One has to learn to accept this and accept it. We will always have that special pet that lives with us forever in memory, but the new pets we get continue to inrich our lives with their own individual personalities.

Hi all,
At around 7:30pm this evening we put my pet bird to sleep (injecting the green dream) and she died shortly after... :D

I am pretty distraught, but I knew we had to do it sometime, as her organs were shutting down and her liver shut down today. She had been extremely anorexic since the beginning of this year, and we tried everything to keep her alive..

Well suppose thats the problem of having pet chooks, even though they are cute and extremely humanised (I hugged one of the others and it is sleeping on my lap as I write this), so we now have 6 left... she was the daughter of one of the others as we hatched her from an egg when we used to have roosters (one neighbours actually liked the roosters but a new person moved into the street and the first thing they did was ring the council)...

:D

awww how sad =[

Hope you get better, sorry for your lost.
Edited by WekMS (see edit history)

sorry for your lost...Get a new pet, i know how sad it is...I had a dog named Rocky...the only pet that made me fell so sad that it died..He was poisoned I believe ;) .. it was even sad cause I was watching an Indian movie the "my friends the elephants" or something like this was the name of the movie.After the part with the shoot, the elephant died shortly, my dog too :|

i have two birds and they are very cute. i've had them for a few years and they are great. they are pretty healthy though they never eat any fruit or vegetables even though the pet shop said it is good if we feed them that. they would never touch any fruit. all they eat are there seeds! they are both cockatiels and i would hate to have to put them down. but at least it saves them pain.

It's been a long time since you posted this,so I hope you've recovered from the death of your pet. It's interesting that you say this bird is illegal in Australia. It seems people will do anything to have a favourite pet.I know a few people who have pet turtles,which are illegalas pets here in Toronto.Hopefully they look after them well.