xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Colten

Freak The Mighty 10/10

Has anyone ever read this book? I found it to be one of the greatest books Ive ever read. It was so good I ran out and got the movie too. Ill try to sum it up but Im not too good at this so Im sure someone else can do better.Max Kane is a boy who doesnt think much of him self and faces many problems like bullies and such. His dad was arrested when he was young, anf like his dad he is also VERY tall. He has no friends until another boy moves in next door, Kevin. Kevin has a diseise I cant remember (Started with an M? Molisquois?) and because of this he is very small and needs crutches to move around. The rest of the book is how these kids go on adventures and such and I found it really sad.I would like it if someone could write a better review for me to put up here.

freak the mighty

Freak The Mighty

Replying to Colten

Freak the mighty is about a boy named max. He is not that smart he has no friends until Kevin(freak) moved in down the street.Kevin is a very smart boy he has read almost every word in the dictionary, he is really really smart. Kevin has a disease that disables him to not grow.Kevin and Max go on crazy adventures.Until maaxs dad comes back from jail and kid naps max!(not goin to tell anymore Sh!) READ THE BOOK

Questions please answer for me!!! These questions are from chapters 8-10..

Freak The Mighty

1.When Kevin asked for their names what did Kevin reply?

2.How do Grim and Gram react to Max's pond adventure?

3.Do you think this will change Max's life any?

4.How does Kevin change Max's summer routine?

5.While Max provides the foot-power for FReak the Mighty, what does Kevin provide?

6.What does Freak reply when Max asks, "HOw do you know which way is East?

7.What is the destiny of Freak the Mighty in chapter nine? Why?

8.What does Max understand about the quest?

9.Do you think Kevin will share this place only with Max or will he share it with others? Why?

10.What is the next purpose of the next quest for Freak the Mighty? Why don't the boys have to hunt?

11.In what way is the quest different from the others?

12.What does Freak the Mighty retrieve from the storm drain?

-reply by Jordan

I am writing a summary about Freak the Mighty and I was wondering how Max helped Kevin. So if you could help me that would be great.Thanks

Book OverallFreak The Mighty

this book, Freak the Mighty, was really good. we just got finished reading it today. It was pretty surprising throughtout the whole story. 

-reply by Paris

Freak the mighty is a great book. It was very surprising and it never got boring. I love it 

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords: read freak the mighty online

ABOUT FREAK THE MIGHTYFreak The Mighty

Freak the mighty is about Maxwell and Kevin two boys who don't have friends but they became each other's friends it was a great book to read they go on adventures to find stuffand one day they find a purse in a whole and they try to give it back but they were at the wrong place the people were people who hanged out with KillerKAne (Maxwells Father who is nothing like him) Killer KAne is a person who is not good he murdered his own wife and he kidnapsMaxwell his son because he thinks Maxwells Grandfather and Grandmother are turning MAxwell against him (Killer KAne) I haven't finished the book yet and that's all I know but I also know it will get better and more interesting and a suggestion if you finish freak the might you should really read the secret of platform 13 it's a great book just like freak the mighty so don't want to spoil it so I am not telling anyone about it

-reply by intizor

abotu freak the mightyFreak The Mighty

Freak the mighty is an awsome book

it is about a boy named maxwell kane who lives with his grandparents his dad is in in jail for murder and the book is about adventures they both go to. They both are disabled. together they are freak the mighty they fight gangs and slay dragons max gets kidnapped by his father when he gets out of jail and he takes him to a dark place where a lady named lorreta lee tries to save max but then maxs father (killer kane) starts to choak lorreta le  but then kevin comes and saves them both then few days later it is kevins birthday and on his birthday he gets a siezure and goes to the hospital tehy say he is getting a surgery and he will be in the hospital forever and one day max goes fto the hospital to see kevin and nurses coming toward are crying then he figures ou that kevin dies they couldnt save him then max goes crazy and hides in his room for days then one day he has to go to school and he meets lorrett a lee and she tells him "Nothing is a drag kid". Think about it. And at the end freak gave max a book to write their advenyures in and he writes them and he says who knows I might even read a book.

Question

In the book lorreta says that "Nothing is a drag kid". Think about it. What did she mean by that?

-reply by sukh

i read the book!Freak The MightyFreak the Mighty is a book about a boy named Max and a boy named Kevin. Max has been diagnosed with Dislexia and Kevin was diagnosed with Marquio Syndrome, a disease that prevents growth of the outside body, yet the internal organs continue their natural growth. They go on many adventures together. I liked this book so much I read it 6 times.-reply by Breanne Halton

Freak the MightyFreak The Mighty

What was the rare artifact that Freak had in his possesion?  What was it used for?

Grim gives Max ______  to show that he thinks Max has really grown up?

Freak's favorite book is?

Freak steers Max using his __________?

Freak is wearing a _________ on the quest to find a treasure in the sewer?

What name do the students start chanting?

Who is Iggy?

How does Loretta know Max? 

-question by Lindsey

Freak the Mighty ResponseFreak The Mighty

FREAK THE MIGHTY

Freak the Mighty was a touching story about a boy, Max with low self esteem living with his grandparents after his biological father, referred to as "Killer Kane," murdered Max's mother when he was only 4 years old.  His father had been locked up in prison and sentenced to 'live in prison.'

Max meets up with his new neighbours, Kevin the small disabled boy physically but not mentally and his beautiful mother, Gwen. He remembers little Keving from preschool and begins to hang out with each other.

To cut the long story short, they have a blast together, whether that includes slaying dragons or searching for an old grotty purse in the sewer. 

The ending if the story is horrific and I cannot believe reading it myself. The two of them become an undefeated team, managing to take on 'Killer Kane,' later on in the book. The ending though is devastating, which really gets you thinking about the friendship that you have and why you should be grateful for it. Read this book to find out!

8.5/10

-reply by Camille Tomois

I love Freak the MightyFreak The Mighty

Hi everyone! This book is soooooo good you need to read it. It s a book about two boys and their relationship as friends. One boy is kinda mentaly retarded and the other one is a tiny genius with crutches. Both of them together make FREAK THE MIGHTY! This book is great! I would totally recomend it! THANK YOU! 

-reply by Caro

freak the mightyFreak The Mighty

the book was kind of boring at first but then it became better and better by the minute.Its very sad story .About how two kids get along with each other .Both friends help each other with each of their abilities.Max has the feet to walk on but dosnt have the brain.Kevin has the brain but doent have the good legs to walk on his feet have to use crutches.Kevin is interested in King arthur so kevin is always going on quest with his friend,Max.Maxs has alot of trouble because he is dum and his dad is arrested for killing the mom.Kenny kane(max dad )one day kenny kane comes back for his boy because hes going to use his own son to earn money.He tricks the police and gets out of jail.He takes him to a place where loretta lee and iggy are there.Loretta lee and iggy know kenny kane because they were friends helping kenny kane with his crimes.Even though loretta lee was bad she wanted to help max get away from his father so iggy and loretta plan a trick to get the father back in jail.Lorettaand iggy rememeber max because he came with the cripple kid to lorettas place to give her purse back the one that was stolen.The cripple kid then hears  about how max got kid napped by his dad so he tries to find  max back.The cripple kid still remembers the place where loreta and iggy live because of the time they returned her purse.Kevin knows that lorettas place is the only place thet he will find max because as they were returning the purse  kevin remembers her saying that iggy was partners with kenny kane .So he calls the police finds max and kanny kane stys for jail for good.Loreta has a broken neck because kenny kane found out before he went to jail thatloretta tried helping max escape

-reply by shanifaKeywords: what is different about the book and themovie of freak the might