xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

500 Million Firefox Downloads

Yesterday was the biggest milestone in Firefox history they just hit 500 Million downloads of their most famous software the Firefox web browser. All I have is WOW! and such a short time to of course when you create a program that is more advance, more secured, and just plain out more better then everyone else's, that number isn't that surprising because of the popularity it has receive in under 4 years of being out there. Of course with Firefox 3 on it's way out I would be surprised if it hits 1 billion in less the time though.

SOURCE

Well, Firefox is plain better than most of whats out there. Not to mention its huge ability to be customized with the millions of extensions out there. on a pc, i use firefox, on my mac i use camino which is a cocoa (I don't actually know what cocoa is on a mac) port or version of firefox... I did have firefox but it kept crashing so i switched to camino which described by mozilla as 'Firefox Mac style'I Love firefox

I must say, Firefox is not too bad. It has the stability that IE can't offer, and it's an amazingly fast browser. I myself prefer Opera, but the idea is still there. I'm glad to see browsers other than IE make it into the big-business. FF is defenitely giving MS a run for its money.

wow, I betcha that's more than the downloads for internet explorer :P. Firefox is better and more secure, so I'm glad to see so many people use it, unfortunatly i must say, i think 3 or 4 of those hits are just me, but i'm sure there 500 million unique hits now :P.

I think the most important milestone was the first one: 1 million.With 500 million, it just gets higher and higher...There'll be another announcement at 600 million, 700 million, etc. up to 1 billion. Then it will start going up at 2 billion, 3 billion, etc. until it reaches the 6 billion mark, which would be impossible, considering there aren't even that many users of the Internet, and most won't download Firefox originally more than once.

I think the most important milestone was the first one: 1 million.
With 500 million, it just gets higher and higher...

There'll be another announcement at 600 million, 700 million, etc. up to 1 billion. Then it will start going up at 2 billion, 3 billion, etc. until it reaches the 6 billion mark, which would be impossible, considering there aren't even that many users of the Internet, and most won't download Firefox originally more than once.

Yeah, that's very true. I myself downloaded Firefox over 20 times though. :P

Anyway, there aren't many types of add ons for Firfox 3 Beta 3

firefox is the amazing free software that i've ever known.different with another browser, firefox can be a primer browser for almost user here, isnt it?keep on firefox..

Firefox is really good! I used to use Opera and couldn't start using anything else, because I was so used to it. Then I switched to Mac for two months and now that I am back using Windows XP, I think Firefox is the closest thing to Safari so I started using it and I am already starting to love it! Good job for the 500 million - well deserved!