xisto Community
FlameX

Finding Ip Addresses >

Hey FrnDzzz .. > can u please tell me how do i find a persons IP address without him/her knowing that i have the IP address .. > The one way is by going in DOS prompt n typing " netstat -o " n many variables . > but this doesnt help coz it shows the DNS name. My main aim of telling is `` HoW Can i Know Wher is the PerSOn Situated ?? > i hope its a bit clear .. ?? :P

Why do you need their IP address? I hope you arrent planning anything bad here....You could make a website to capture all IP's, give them a link at an exact time like 11:04 and check the logs for the one closest to that time. Then tell them you made a cool update and get them to go on it again and compare IP's to find the two that match the times you told them and that are identical. but of course IP's generally change everytime they connect to the net. If they have a semi-permanent connection to the net (like ADSL) It might stay the same for some time but in general it can still change any time.

Why do you need their IP address?
I hope you arrent planning anything bad here....

You could make a website to capture all IP's, give them a link at an exact time like 11:04 and check the logs for the one closest to that time. Then tell them you made a cool update and get them to go on it again and compare IP's to find the two that match the times you told them and that are identical.

but of course IP's generally change everytime they connect to the net. If they have a semi-permanent connection to the net (like ADSL) It might stay the same for some time but in general it can still change any time.

No Shadowx i m not planning anything bad here. Infact i jus love Xisto .. I wanted to kno this for my knowledge . See when i m on yahoo , ther r many bots . so to know their real identity n to catch them i need to trace the IP . so i wanted to kno a technique to trace or to kno any tom *BLEEP* n harry's IP address or the DNS name .. [ here tom *BLEEP* n harry means X Y Z .. ] ..

Anyways thnxzz a lot shadowx >>

1. create a page that only they will recieve the link to2. send them the link3. check your lastest visitors log in the Cpanelvisits to your pages are recorded in the log files and their IP should show in the data for the sending of that file from the server.:P

but what if the server is DHCP ... Then in this case God can also not do anything .. > there should b a software which finds the correct IP ... ! .. hope its out sometime .. >