xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonesay

Web Based Accounting Software do you know of any open source web based accounting software

Hi all, I'm looking for an open source web based accounting software, preferably a PHP-MySQL based one if possible. I've already started searching but so far no luck.Many Thanks

Thank you for the links. I've download and in the process of trying out bambooinvoice. it looks promising and easy on the eyes. Update: - Tried BaboonInvoice This is a very neat little package. I love it its so simple to use and has nice reports on all aspects of invoice. You can see which ones are opened and find them easily. Its PHP and MySQL based and allows a neat backup. The only down side is it doesn't include any payroll facilities. I guess I will keep this one and let my brother use it for his solo business and I'll keep looking for another one with payrolls.

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

i have used SAGE, it's a total solution for selling stocks, it sorts everything but very expensive as well. there are some extension you should install with it connect it to an online database, my idea is for security reason never leave all your accounting information online, it's better to keep them on local disk and transfer them to online server because it is possible that someone hack your site or by mistake you looss your online information.

Web Based Accounting Application

Web Based Accounting Software

For a good web based accounting system with a proven history of successful accounting products, you should see Sagesoftware.Com AccPac web based accounting and ERP system.

Our company CIS Media, http://ww12.cismedia.com/, is currently using that application to connect directly to our CIS Framework eCommerce B2B-B2C application to offer an Enterprise level eCommerce solution for Small and Mid size corporations.

Irving Sarreal

CIS Media

http://ww12.cismedia.com/

-reply by CIS Media

GnuCash now support MySQLWeb Based Accounting Software

I just noticed that the new version of GnuCash can work with a MySQL backend.

-reply by Eugene van der Merwe

open source accounting for a church MACWeb Based Accounting Software

Hello all,

I'm looking for a simple accounting system to use for a church in which I can make unlimited ledgers because of requirements of the Belgian government. It must very simple and easy to use.  It must be easy to export data to an excel file to present the numbers of the year to date, the year and a budget. I must make two seperate ledger accounts for two entities. 

Operating system: MAC Leopard

Would be great if any of you could advise me.

-question by Jacques

Trytaking a look at SQL Ledger or the related LedgerSMB. I'm making the assumption that you are not really after accounting from the traditional business sense, but more for expense and revenue/receipts tracking, and possibly project expenditure monitoring.  This will better suit your requirements as opposed to a "true" accounting software whose focus tends to be more on sales, receivables & payables.

Hope this helps.

-reply by Georgeie