xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bishoujo

My Website Takes Ages To Load

Is it just me or is my website taking a very long time to load?
http://princesstimes.com/

It usually loads very quickly previously, and I haven't added anything to it recently to cause it to take a long time to load.

Yes my site is experiencing certain problems that started some half a month maybe month ago I am not quite certain. However I do not know why is this happening and what is mostly worrying is that sometimes it doesn't want even to load up but you have to restart that is reload it again. And I had some problems with FTP access however those corrected themselves. Could it be because of some hacking since some of the hardware come under attack or anything similar. I remember that one guy tried to hack accounts some months ago.Explanation would be nice. Nontheless Xisto is the best service there is. Soon I intend to move to the Xisto - Web Hosting however in the end it might not happen since I am planning to do this for long time :P------EDIT:::::Forgot to mention I think that problem is not in the main server or whatever way you have organized your network structure. But the problem lies in the sql server. So this is where bottleneck is probably. But this is just my personal opinion. I am not that much experienced with such stuff.

Edited by hitmanblood (see edit history)

hmm., yes., maybe MySQL problem..cause sometime when I want to load my page, the eror said that couldnt connect to SQL databse.., any SQL problem in Xisto.com?please admin fix it

Oh yes my other website that is on wordpress (also hosted on Xisto) now says "Error establishing a database connection".I think the problem of the website loading slowly or not loading at all started about a couple of weeks ago for me too, but I was too busy to pay attention to my website then.

Oh yes my other website that is on wordpress (also hosted on Xisto) now says "Error establishing a database connection".
I think the problem of the website loading slowly or not loading at all started about a couple of weeks ago for me too, but I was too busy to pay attention to my website then.

''so is mine i can't access my cpanel either :P
Edited by somertonlord (see edit history)

Yes mysite experienced also few weaks ago but I didn't have time school exams and so on. However I have entered into my cpanl and checked out what is happeneind and everything looks ok. There are no problems with bandwidth or disk usage. However, I have problems with mysql databases.

This is what is writen in the left bar on the cpanel.

Mysql databases NA / unlimited
MySQL Disk usage NA MB

I ought to have at least three or four. I am not certain since I was not using one and I kept it only for reference.

And then I went to the mysql databases and it first timed out to me and then I tried to enter once more. And it showed nothing at all. Like there weren't any databases.

Now I am honestly afraid that all my data will be deleted. And I don't have much of it. I hope that I might slavage something from google cashed pages but I hope that this is just due to failed mysql server and not someone hacking down my account and deleting bases deliberatly.

----------

EDIT::::::

OK I have checked the server status from my cpanel and this is due mysql going down. Here are results probably problem is for the same of us the same.

Service Statusimap up
ftpd up
mysql (5.0.27-standard) failed
exim () up
named up
pop up
httpd (1.3.39 (Unix)) up
cpsrvd up
Server Load 0.23 (2 cpus)

Wah, so it is not only me either. I got this "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL" error. This is the second time I experience this. But I still can access my cpanel though.

Wah, so it is not only me either. I got this "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL" error. This is the second time I experience this. But I still can access my cpanel though.

Yes there is some terrible lag. Also I cannot use my FTP access. Don't know why honestly.

I hope that this will be fixed soon, I owe it to my regular visitors :P

------

EDIT:::::

OK it seems like my web site is back. Hopefully not too many visitors are lost :P

On the other hand this server seems as overloaded.

There was a problem with the network as the recent announcement: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/55899-network-outage-distribution-switch-ddosed-lesson-learnt/ says.

Apparently all systems are stable but it seems perhaps not. I would suggest to just wait a few hours and try again. If still no luck then i guess we will have to wait for an admin to shed more light, but it could be some left over hitches on the network maybe.

As a side note my website, and some of the above websites seem to be alright and load within a reasonable time on my 8mb(ish) connection.

Another reminder I like to toss in to the hosted members if you log into your cpanel you can check the server status of your website at the bottom of the left menu. Also like shadow mention this could be some after affects of the outage xisto site had on sat/sun as well so prepare for that as well.

Mine is working ok currently but I don't know since once I checked before and it worked fine and then short time afterwards it again timed out. So as I said before it might be show off of some serious problem or just as others said temporary glitch and suffrage from the recent attacks.