xisto Community
day_armstrong

Is Repost Like This Forbidden?

Hi. If I have written something (tutorials, etc) in my own website (i.e. it's my own writing), can I repost it in this forum? And how about the opposite (if I have written something in this forum, can I repost it in my website)? It is all because I am lazy to write a brand new thing every now and then :P. hehe. The writing is my own anyway, i think. I hope i am making myself clear here. :P-day

Edited by day_armstrong (see edit history)

Well thats the thing if you have them on your website first then you have to quote them here thus negating the credits you would receive. However, there is a loop hole to that rule, yes a loop hole, and I have done it many times before and that is if you plan to have something here on trap and on your website, post it on trap first and then post it on your site. Time stamp is the key word through this loophole, since it would be a few minutes after you post on trap before posting it on your website that will get you both the credits and of course getting your material on your site.Like I said earlier if it is on your website first then you will have to quote it because regardless if you claim it is yours the mods are not going to believe you unless you did that post first and then put it on your website.To sum up post your material on trap first and then on your website.

The loophole is quite simple, actually...I wonder if the admins will make a rule against the loophole, saying: "If you post something on the Xisto forums, and then move it to your website, you must add quotes around the content that you post on the website. Failure to do this within 3 days of posting the content onto your website will result in the entire post being deleted and the warning level raised by 10%."

No that would be ridiculous because your not earning anything unless you have adsense, and in tht case it would be very illegal to force its member to give xisto cash like that. However, I add a small note to this and say don't make it a habit because not everything belongs on trap and on your site, like a blog for instance because I doubt people would be interested in hearing that you bought a new pair of red shoes or something like that.