xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blood&CLASSIQUE

Lcd Screen Of Cellphone

A couple of months ago my W810i got ran over by a car, luckily it the whole cellphone itself was UNSCRATCHED but the LCD screen is cracked!!! The people from The Source said that it'll take the same amount of money to fix the phone as to buy a new phone. So that's like $100. But I found out (three months later) that there were repair shops that fixes phone LCDs for $50-$60, so I need an advice, should I try and go for it? It seems pretty tempting and I don't want then to mess up my phone (since it works perfectly fine, just that I can't see what I'm punching into my phone) and not get my money back!

ouch! i feel sad for your cellphone... :P good thing your phone is intact however, with just the LCD screen suffering. but your eyes will suffer more if you don't get it fixed sooner. three months is a long time to dilly-dally in getting a new screen for your mobile. is your phone still under warranty? better to ask where you bought it if they can do the LCD screen replacement if it is still possible.but if not, the option left is to have it repaired elsewhere. LCD screens are much cheaper, and i think all they have to do is disconnect the wires leading to the LCD screen and replacing it with the new one, then reconnecting it again. i've had experience with LCD screen replacement, but with a nokia brand. it takes less than ten minutes in my case to have it replaced, and i've been able to view how it was done. the only problem is finding a shop which you can trust not to ruin your phone some more since it is still working fine minus the LCD. i'm not particular with the cost of the LCD replacement, especially for your sony ericsson w810i model, but LCDs come cheap in my part of the world... certainly not half the price of the phone itself. scout around some more to find the best and cheapest option available for you.it could be a problem if repair shops don't specialize in repairing your mobile brand. it would also be a good idea if you stay with the repairman while they are fixing your phone so you can observe that they don't nick parts. test your phone before AND after in their presence also, so they will know that you exactly know what your phone's problem is in the first place, and that they don't charge you for additional expenses which they may spring on you if they think you can easily be manipulated. :P i don't know, it's just me, being paranoid... but you should too! :P

Well I phoned a place and they said they specialize on Sony products, so I think that should be ok, right? I waited three months hoping I could get a new phone with the Rogers hardware upgrade (but The Source people are totally stupid and wouldn't let me even though you're allowed to do it after a year). Anyways, the screen is almost completely black from the leak except for a few dots. But I never used the phone within the 3 months.So ya thanks for the advice, it really helped.

reply to w810i replacement screen.

Lcd Screen Of Cellphone

THIS IS FOR BLOOD AND CLASSIQUE or anyone wanting the information

Its really simple procedure to replace the screen but getting one at a decent price is more tricky. I've looked for one and the cheapest is about 23GBP (about $40 I think) from ebay. If you go for this option... Then just google screen replacement and you'll get a step by step guide. If not e-mail me I'll write you one.

-reply by kettlechips

self phone screen is working except for the backlight Lcd Screen Of CellphoneMy cell phone screen is working except for the backlight ... Ie I can read it with a flash light or in bright sunlight. When this happens in an lcd monitor the back light can be replaced. Can this be done on a cell phone screen as well?