xisto Community
mrdee

My Site's Ip Address Finding out my numerical IP address

Hi,
I was wondering how I can find the numerical IP address of my site.
I have my site hosted at Trap 17, but instead of a subdomain i use my own (parked) domain name.
Can anyone tell me how I can find the address of my web site in the shape of 81.200.30.55 (this is just a random example) instead of in the shape of http://www.vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk/?
Thanks for any advice.

If you followed the recent Nameserver change for the Xisto Hosted accounts, you recently (should have) altered you Nameserver information to be as per below:NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 67.19.253.52NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 64.69.35.177Possible that this would be the correct IP Address?

Yes, Jim, I DID update my DNS servers.However, (I just found that out), through doing a 'whois' on my domain name, I came to the result of '64.69.46.210' being my IP address.Is that possible?

Yes, it is possible.Xisto Hosted Accounts are on a different Server than the actual Name Servers used. "Gamma" Server contains the T17 accounts and the Name Servers are on Alpha...

Hei, yes, interesting.The reason I am asking is because I want to start an internet radio broadcast on my site.However, I would be using my PC as the server for the broadcasts, and the IP that I get from my ISP is a dynamic one (ie. it changes every day or so).Since I have to send listeners to the broadcast by clicking a link which contains an IP address, I would probably have to change that link all the time then.That is the reason why I was looking for a way to send them to a place with a static IP address.