xisto Community
alex1985

Books?! Web-Site?

I am the active student of Amrican University of Dubai (AUD). Basically, I' tired of buying new books in the UNI's book store whcih will last only for 3 months. Anybody knows where I may get them online like in PDF format.

I don't think you can get complete books online in PDF format. The simple reason being the book publishers will not make money if their books are being downloaded and collecting dust in bookstores. Who will sit there and scan 1000 page book into pdf format for you? if there were PDF's for some of the books I wanted I would rather get them for free then paying 100 dollars for them.

The age of electronic books has not come yet, and even when it does, you will still have to pay for them. If you are looking to save money, I would look at various websites such as EBay and Amazon.

hello....
i think that:
when College textbooks and university textbooks are expensive! Prices have risen dramatically - up 186% within 20 years. On every beginning of semester, students are busy to buy cheaper used textbooks and sell their used textbooks from last semester. This is extremely waste time and not much easy to get the so called good quality USED textbooks. Some students may believe that buy BRAND NEW textbooks from college bookstores or university bookstores, and then resell them in next semester. However, how much you expect to get back? At most 15% of the brand new textbooks prices.

Here are 5 tips to help you buy textbooks with saving money.

1) DON'T buy textbooks from college bookstore and university bookstore. Their prices are terrible high. Instead, buy textbooks from online bookstores. For example, "CocoMartini Buy University Discount Textbooks Online Bookstore" http://www.cocomartini.com/ that focuses on college textbooks and university textbooks markets. They offer at most 80% off discount price from market prices. All the textbooks are 100% brand new. So, need not worry how much the textbooks can be resell because the brand new price is already dramatically reduced. Also, need not waste time to find other bookstore and compare the prices.

2) When you are search textbooks, please make sure you use the corresponding ISBN number to search. That will 100% accurate and the searching results will be much more accurately.

3) Don't rush to buy your books before classes start. Ask your professor how often you'll be needing the book. Some professors throw a book on the syllabus because it's required by the university and never come around to opening it. Some professors encourage you to share books, because you'll be using it so infrequently.

4) Check with students who's taken the class before to get a feel for which books you'll really need. This can help you prioritize.

5) Check with the professor to see if an earlier or international version of the book will fit the class needs. For example, from Cocomartini.com Online Bookstore http://www.cocomartini.com/ , previous or non-US editions always sell for 80% discounts from latest editions or US editions.

Don't waste time and money on college bookstores and university bookstore. Get more information from online bookstores, like CocoMartini Buy University Discount Textbooks Online Bookstore http://www.cocomartini.com/ . You will be attracted by the discount textbooks.

I like gettextbooks.com. It searches through quite a few book sources and then comes up with a listing of books for sale. At the top is the cheapest used and new book. I personally haven't ordered any books online yet, but I'll probably be doing that in the next couple of months.

I use a Google product search to find my textbooks...I've gotten most of them for less than half the cover price. I've also just discovered paperbackswap.com where you can request books that other members have posted and receive them in the mail for free (you also post your books, and when members request them, you mail them out and receive credits to get books). Not everything is there, but they have a huge selection which you can search and see if someone has what you need.I had a friend who would check the textbook out of the library all semester. This wouldn't work if someone else reserved it, and it's probably an old edition of the book, but I find that the previous edition is pretty close to the current one anyway usually.

Most online downloads of books would probably be illegal; if that's the way you want to go, then any file sharing program will help you there.I recommend paperbackswap.com...it's more than just paperbacks. You post the books you have, and when someone requests one, you mail it to them. Then you get a credit once it's received, and you can use the credit to request any book you want from another member, for free. You could go to this site and search and see if anyone has the books you want, and then join if they do.

Have you tried to contact other senior students in your school.Sometimes people exchange used books. You might post am add where other students or parents see it. That might work.