xisto Community
abminara

How Accurate Is Wikipedia?

Everyone and anyone can sumbit anything onto Wiki. Wiki itself is not responsible for how accurate it's data is. The person who submitted is to blame.
Wikipedia is a community site which needs people like you and I to submit the correct terms and meanings for words, phrases and events. Wikipedia needs people like you and I to inform them of incorrect data. The concept of creating a site like Wikipedia is a brillant idea.

How accurate is Wikipedia? You have a huge range of accuracy, from information submitted by Professors and Doctors to information submitted by teenagers who thoguht it'd be a laugh to.

Usually if someone finds an anomaly on a "major" page containing information related to science, the error correction time is at least 30 seconds, to about a maximum of 4 minutes, because a lot of people view these pages, and they can find factual errors. Of course one has a huge range of accuracy, but I don't see why the pages related to science can't be considered "credible".

Usually pages like "Petals Around The Rose" and "Abortion" are the most edited: one because people don't like the solution to be shown, and the other because people think abortion is wrong and that Wikipedia should reflect that.