xisto Community
Bluebear

Under Age Drinkers

So I want to share my feelings about such people with you. Under age drinkers.This is something that I really hate, and I have never ever understood why they want to go to a party and get wasted, and then eventually end up with throwing it all up and get sick. Why? I have never gotten drunk, smoked or done drugs in my entire life. Maybe that is not very long, when you take in consideration that I am 15 years old. But still I am quite proud of it. It is something that I want to keep up with, and the experience that I have gotten today just gives me another reason why I should not do this. Why do they want to do such things? I just do not get it, and I would like to share a story with you - a story that happened today in my neighbourhood. I just came home, so this one is really fresh.Today one of my friends called me... let us call her Sarah. She wanted to hang out, so I said yes. Even though she must be one of my craziest friends she is really kind when around me. She often suddenly changes when we hang out with other people to. She smokes, and used to drink. Today she told me that the cigarette she had in her pocket, was the last one that she ever would smoke. I am not quite sure about that, but I guess time will tell. We watched a film... but those things are not really important now, so I will jump right to the case.Earlier that day Sarah had called one of my other "friends", let us call this one Kristin. Her parents was out of "town" and they had said that she could have some friends over for a film-night. (They just watch films.) Of course Kristin had invited lots of other people, and I know many of them. Me and Sarah wanted to find out who was there, so she went to her house. Of course she said it was a private party, and she would not let us in. We went to play soccer with some boys we met at school. When we were there one of my neighbours, Chris and his friend Tom came. They were drunk, but not that much really. They did not stay a long time....and then guess what happened? They went to Kristin's party, and she let them in. And no, they were not invited either. Eventually we did not bother about what Kristin said, and we went to her house again. We found Chris, Tom and many others hanging out outside the house. Most of the party-people were inside, but never mind that. Chris was laying drunk, very drunk at the gravel, throwing up and shaking. Kristin was desperately "running" around and trying to hide all the bottles because her parents were on their way home. She was drunk too, and then Kristin and Sarah started yelling at each other, swearing and God knows what. Everywhere around I could see lots of people - all under aged drinking, throwing up and "running" around. How pathetic is not that?Chris could not walk, he must have been one of the drunkest people at that party. Me, Sarah and another boy, Duncan helped Chris home, the long way home. Kristin's house is pretty far away from mine, so it was a long way. Chris just never stopped throwing up! When we got to his house, we found his keys and threw him at his bed. He threw up some more, and we desperately tried to get him to drink some water... Duncan left, and me and Sarah needed to stay there with him for a while - just to check that he was okey. After a long while we got him to drink about 5dl of water, but he threw it up again quite quickly. After a LONG time at his house, we left. We had found a bucket and tried to help him as much as we can. I mean, it is really his fault that he does this! When someone know that they can get sick of this, then why do they do it?! I mean it is not cool at all! It is just stupid, pathetic and weird if you ask me. I am so tired of people that think they are cool just because the get wasted or drunk. I just get so mad... If you need to drink so people will like you, then you are just too boring.Me and Sarah got home completely sober - just as we should be.

Oh I am glad you made this topic. Its truly disgusting, under-age drinking. Really, heavy drinking period is disgusting, but thats not the point of the discussion. Anyways, almost everyday while I'm at school I hear the pathetic tales of drunken revelry. Its so stupid, they are so proud about how drunk they got, and how fun it was... even though they can't remember what even happened there.It just disgusts me... alchohol in and of its self is not a terrible thing. In fact, I find no problem with people of the proper age having a little (not the kind of "oh I only had a little...") bit to drink. A glass or so of beer, etc. I would have no problem.. Its so retarded though... you lose complete control at those parties, and do even worse things you normally wouldn't...Not to mention, the consequences that happen as far as drunk driving, etc. goes. Then there are unplanned pregnancies, and a whole world of trouble that a large amount of alchohol, and someone with very little wisdom mix.

I think in America, because of the strictness of drinking age and such, people see it as a coming of age moment. That fun time they had, breaking all the rules, challenging their parents, things like that. It's almost how prom gives girls a chance to dress up and have a moment of feeling incredible, alcohol has a similar effect. When I was first entering college, it was definitely a whirlwind of alcohol and parties every night. People around me were drinking at every turn, and the worst were the people with the most strict parents who felt this sudden freedom fall upon them. Not that I condone drinking till throwing up and blacking out, but theres a reason why people do it. At my college, drinking was the way to meet people in a casual fun, non-awkward sort of way. If you think about it, my school being in the middle of nowhere, if you throw 20,000 kids together to meet and mingle, and need to make friends in a week, drinking is bound to happen in excess. I think the problem that your seeing, if when people first start drinking, they don't understand their limits. They just keep drinking, because everyone else is doing the same thing, and of all those people someone must know what their doing, right? I'm still 20, and its a little weird because in Japan I have been of legal drinking age but not in the US. Though, Japan is far less strict than America is, and my mother would always have a glass of wine or beer with me when I'm there with her. For me, I enjoy beer and wine before I sleep, but there is a huge difference with that compared to binge drinking. The reason for people even having to deal with throwing up is the amount they drink and not controlling themselves, which is probably due to society. Maybe its all because of the media's obsession with partying and making is seem so great?I don't know, I think it's great that you are against the whole scene, and you should stay true to your beliefs! If anyone doubts you, they are the ones trying to conform and fit in, and it's their loss. My 2 cents.

I just don't get why people uder-age can drink like that! I think that they have a extremely weak will and would succumb to peer-pressure and would do almost anything to be at the 'top' of the school's 'popularity list'.People drink like 5-10 bottles of beer just because 'everyone else is doin' it'. Those people should really know when to stop. They are still children, they do what they can to fit in with other people, and they do it because they think it is 'cool'. But they never think of the consequences. They should know that binge drinking can slowly turn you into the opposite gender, and they should know that it is more addictive than they think it is.Most people go, "I'll just drink one bottle and that's it" before they know it they've already drunk 5 bottles and are drunk before they drink even more!It's like eating salmon, the first time it tastes a bit 'too oily' but the second time it tastes pretty nice, the third time they like it very much. But beer is ten times worse. Here's a message for those under-age and adult binge drinkers, would you drink 5 bottles of liquid nicotine? If not, then treat beer as liquid nicotine and STOP DRINKING SO MUCH!

How many people actually done this when they were young? There could be many reasons why they do it, to get drunk and have fun even though some may not see it as being fun it can be. yeah the after effects suck like throwing up and feeling sick the next day but some people could care less about it. Another reason could be for them to deal with their problems, yeah its the wrong way to go about it but some people do not have any other way of dealing with it. I used to be like those kids you described so I know some reasons why they might be doing it. At that age you do not think about the future only living for the day, week waiting for the next time to go out and get drunk, do drugs. For a lot of people the reasons for doing it will vary. If they are you friends I would suggest you try talking to them and try and encourage them not to do those kinds of things let them know you are there for them to talk about anything if they need to resort to using alcohol and drugs if they are doing any of those things. I've had friends tell me smoking is bad but I was too big headed to listen I just wanted to do it because it felt good. Growing up your faced with a lot of pleasure to do well in school and other things in life. Some people will resort to this kind of activity just to deal with it, It could be they do not have the kind of support or will power like you do to deal with it. Thats a good thing you have such will power and common sense to not get tempted to try and do those kind of things. I admire that since I know a lot of people have made mistakes and become addicted to this kind of social activity. I've quit myself from all kinds of addiction and one of my friends said I had great will power to be able to stop but I disagree It would of been greater if I never started but I did not mind the experience its just the amount of time I spend doing it that was a waste.Maybe your friends are experimenting and thats OK but yeah some who say they are too young, I started at that age or a bit younger so be careful with your friends try and help them from not becoming too dependent on these kinds of activity. Of course some people will not want to be helped and you cant help everyone.Good luck and take care around alcohol accidents can happen around drunk and stupid people.

I am seventeen. I drink on occasions. Not much - a bottle or so of beer, or a couple glasses of vine or champain. Sometimes a bit of Vodka. Nothing more than that. Why do I do this? Not for pleasure. Usually this is only on celebrations, etc, as m whole family drinks while they make wishes, so I have to, too. needless to say, I always finish all the work I need to do before I drink, and I do not drive even after a bottle of beer.Oh... well.. Guess, this topic is not for me. :oP. S. I've read in a health magazine recently - not drinking at all could kill you as well as drinking too much. If you drink too much - your liver gathers all the alcohol, but it reacts with the oxygen in the cells and literally chokes them, creating those scary scars on the surface and on the inside which we have all seen in Health and Biology classes in High School. Despite that, if you do not drink at all - your liver may - MAY - grow too big and hurt other organs that will make you feel and operate regularly uncomfortable (or even touch a rib and cause severe pain). Thus it is estimated that people of 18 and over should drink 1 glass of 22 proof (11% alcohol) red vine (not sure, why red, not white, but it specified so.) with large amount of food (dinner?) per day in order to maintain a healthy liver.

I don't see why people drink at all. I'm 14 and I think beer and wine and all that such tastes weird.Pral is right, though. If we want to really eradicate overdrinking, we can't just blindly try to stop it. That would result in a dystopia filled with more policemen and lawyers than anything else.If I ever go to parties when I'm 18, I'd like to be a designated driver.

If I ever go to parties when I'm 18, I'd like to be a designated driver.

:o not being drunk yourself is good... but once I was driving my drunk friends home from a party - trust me - it was quite an adventure. I almost crashed - they acted extremely distracting, I was driving as if I was the one drinking, not them, though, I am a very careful driver.

:o not being drunk yourself is good... but once I was driving my drunk friends home from a party - trust me - it was quite an adventure. I almost crashed - they acted extremely distracting, I was driving as if I was the one drinking, not them, though, I am a very careful driver.

Haha.... I guess we have a new term: "Seconhand Drinking"

Yeah... I imagine being a designated driver would be quite difficult. Especially if everyone else is mighty hammered.