xisto Community
Bryan2008

Rpg Maker 2003 Questions Relating to battle...

What is the difference among "Pincer Attack", "Surround attack", and "Back Attack"?How do I change the battle type? The three battle types are "traditional", "alternative", and "guage"What do intelligence and agility do in RPG Maker 2003?

Edited by Bryan2008 (see edit history)

Sorry for the slow reply. I was just making sure I got this right.

What is the difference among "Pincer Attack", "Surround attack", and "Back Attack"?

If you start a battle with the setting "Back Attack", your character will have his back towards the enemies. The enemies will get first attack and you will have to wait for your ATB Bar to fill before you can retaliate.
"Surround Attack" only really does anything if you have two people in your party. Your party surrounds the enemies, giving you more chance of success. "Pincer Attack" is basically the opposite of "Surround Attack" - the enemies surround you! These two settings are disabled if the "Character Placement" setting is set to "Manual", however. (Switch it to "Automatic" in the Battle Layout Tab, in the "Database", to use these)

What do intelligence and agility do in RPG Maker 2003?

Intelligence decides the effectiveness of magic spells in Battles. Some spells rely on high intelligence, others don't rely on it at all.
Agility is basically your speed. Higher speeds make it more likely to dodge damage in battle. The difference between your Agility and your enemy's Agility also decides how fast the ATB Bar fills.

How do I change the battle type? The three battle types are "traditional", "alternative", and "guage"

These settings can be found in the "Battle Layout" tab, in the Database.
Hope that helps!
Edited by gameratheart (see edit history)

I use RPG Maker 2003, I can't find the trial version of xp or vx, please send me a link? And I have a question about 2003: Is it possible to get rid of the ATB Bar, so that the game gets turn based instead? And when you're making your own sprites, the program refused to accept my 24-bit images, what file format should I use, jpeg? Or what?

-reply by Dils