xisto Community
Spyda

Php 5.2.4

Is there any chance for Xisto - Web Hosting to upgrade to php 5.2.4, since we're currently using a much older version. I'm just wondering because some software is coming out, and can only be used with php 5.2.4.

I echo the thoughts of bk2070, but probably not to such a far version. For your information, the upcoming popular CMS: WordPress 2.5 has a minimum requirement of PHP 4.3, and currently we are using 4.3.7, that isn't very far away isn't it? I really love Xisto - Web Hosting and I have just renewed my plan with them. But if things are not rectified, I am afraid by the time WordPress releases 2.6, it will require a higher version of PHP which Xisto - Web Hosting can't provide, I will be forced to look for another webhost. Xisto - Web Hosting has my underlying support, but only if they are taking into consideration what I am writing here.

Thats strange that we get PHP 5.2 with free hosting but you guys who pay for hosting don't get it. Maybe its something to do with upgrading procedures, the risk of something going wrong during it and affect your hosting account too great ? I dunno just something I thought about.Maybe we are the test dummies at Xisto with php 5.2?

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)