xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MikeWil

Greatest Sports Movie Of All-time

This is a queston that I have been thinking about lately, What is the Greatest Sports Movie of All-Time? Being a basketball player Hoop Dreams really won me over. This is a documentary about two 8th grade boys who try to achieve their goal and play in the NBA. The movie follows them from their 8th grade year til their freshman year in college. The boys have to overcome many struggles to try and reach their goals. This movie has plenty of ups and downs but keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next for the entire three hour movie. This would have to be the greatest sports movie of all time imo. So whats yours?Honorable Mentions;Remember the TitansHoosiersFriday Night Lights Coach CarterBlue ChipsAbove the Rim

This is a queston that I have been thinking about lately, What is the Greatest Sports Movie of All-Time? Being a basketball player Hoop Dreams really won me over. This is a documentary about two 8th grade boys who try to achieve their goal and play in the NBA. The movie follows them from their 8th grade year til their freshman year in college. The boys have to overcome many struggles to try and reach their goals. This movie has plenty of ups and downs but keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next for the entire three hour movie. This would have to be the greatest sports movie of all time imo. So whats yours?
Honorable Mentions;

Remember the Titans
Hoosiers
Friday Night Lights
Coach Carter
Blue Chips
Above the Rim

Everyone knows that the best sports movie of all time is Love and Basketball. Although it isn't necessarily a sports movie it is a great love/sports movie. Everyone should watch it. Go Sanna Lathan!!!

Proffessional Basketball imo is one of the most boring sports in the world to watch. Not least because the players never drop the ball and hardly ever missTeam a has the ball dribbles and passes to other side... shoots... scoresTeam b has the ball dribbles and passes to other side... shoots... scoresTeam a has the ball dribbles and passes to other side... shoots... missesthats all that happens for the entire lengh of the match. and what is the point of cheerleaders... all they do is dance and if basketball is so good your be watchig that not the girls dancing with pompoms what a waste of money and space! When I watch movies or shows where the cheerleader all think they're 'super human' just cos they can distrac audiences from realising what there watching is more boring than the Queens annual speech! Also where is the 'foot' in American Football - or at least there shouldn't be. I'm not too bothered I just don't understand why!

This is a queston that I have been thinking about lately, What is the Greatest Sports Movie of All-Time? Being a basketball player Hoop Dreams really won me over. This is a documentary about two 8th grade boys who try to achieve their goal and play in the NBA. The movie follows them from their 8th grade year til their freshman year in college. The boys have to overcome many struggles to try and reach their goals. This movie has plenty of ups and downs but keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next for the entire three hour movie. This would have to be the greatest sports movie of all time imo. So whats yours?
Honorable Mentions;

Remember the Titans
Hoosiers
Friday Night Lights
Coach Carter
Blue Chips
Above the Rim

Thats a pretty good list my friend but your missing a few key movies...my top 5 is as follows.

1.Rocky (the best under dog story ever written)
2.Rudy
3.Hoosiers
4.Remember the titans
5.Friday Night Lights

Proffessional Basketball imo is one of the most boring sports in the world to watch. Not least because the players never drop the ball and hardly ever miss
Team a has the ball dribbles and passes to other side... shoots... scores
Team b has the ball dribbles and passes to other side... shoots... scores
Team a has the ball dribbles and passes to other side... shoots... misses

thats all that happens for the entire lengh of the match. and what is the point of cheerleaders... all they do is dance and if basketball is so good your be watchig that not the girls dancing with pompoms what a waste of money and space!

When I watch movies or shows where the cheerleader all think they're 'super human' just cos they can distrac audiences from realising what there watching is more boring than the Queens annual speech!

Also where is the 'foot' in American Football - or at least there shouldn't be. I'm not too bothered I just don't understand why!

you cant say so about any game...that's how you think,may be because you don't like the game but still there are countless fans of basketball worldwide...i personally don't play basketball nor do i follow NBA...i am a soccer fan.
now talking about my fav sports movies....
1. goal
2.miracle
3.coach carter
4.remember the titans
5.the greatest game ever played
Edited by klusk (see edit history)