xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DSGamer3002

Dsg's Introduction OF PURE EPICNESS =D

This must be at least the 100th, maybe even 200th, forum I've registered to. Out of those many forums, I'm only still active in about 4 of them. I've been to several "Post for web host" sites before, such as FusionXHost (which eventually died from lack of activity) and another one similar to that, neither being appealing to me because of their lack of topics to discuss and rather small community. I've heard of Xisto for about a year or so, usually in Google images coming from people's personal sites hosted by here, and it wasn't until the other day that I decided to look at the service and see if it would be any good. So, here I am. The main reason I want a website is so I can experiment with HTML, CSS, and PHP without having to use something like WAMP/MAMP and being able to show other people. On other hosts I've been with, not as many features were offered as Xisto unless there was some sort of catch, such as there being a banner somewhere on every single page of the site, or if your purchased/used your own domain, etc. It started to bug me that I could find a reliable host that would let me keep files on a site for however long I want as long as I make a required amount of posts, and gives you a chance to un-suspend the site if you're inactive. ANYWAYS, since this is supposed to be an introduction, here's a little bit about me. I've been playing video games since I was about 2, but never got really into them until about 3 or 4 years ago. That's when I started caring more about playing competitively and being able to place myself on a level of skill so I know what my own strengths and weaknesses are in certain games. My favorite video game genres include adventure, RPG, strategy, racing, first-person shooter/adventure, and any rhythm games (like Guitar Hero). Overall, I guess I'm pretty much above par when it comes to being good in games, but nothing like professionals who make videos on YouTube that amaze thousands of people. :D Let's see... what else... Well I only started "attending the internet regularly" almost exactly 3 years ago (February 4th I think was the date of registration of my account on the first forum I signed up at) and in just that time I've not only made a lot of friends, but I've learned a lot in general. I've grown in maturity, even though the stereotypic view of the internet is immature morons eating away at each other words because they have nothing better to do, and I'm much more familiar with technology as a whole. For example, 4 years ago I had no idea that the red, white, and yellow cords you stick into your TV to play games or plug in a screen-projecting devise were called composite cables. :o A few random facts about me:- My average for sprinting 100 meters is 12 seconds, my fastest being 10.8- I've been working with Gimp for 2 years yet my signatures are still considered mediocre by the majority of the graphics community on the internet :D - I have a video game world record for the fastest time beating Metroid Prime Hunters (Just google my screen name and "metroid prime hunters speed run" and you'll find it)This introduction is getting pretty lengthy, so I think I better stop so people actually read it before seeing how much text there is and clicking back to the front page. :(

Welcome to the Xisto.com forum, DSGamer3002! :D I am really glad that you will give this forum a try, it is much better than many others I have tried. Remember to read our rules, I am sure that you will find a link to them somewhere. :o

Good luck with this forum, your life and everything.

Bluebear.

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

Ahh, another runner! I'm also a runner! I run long distance though, so I'm not great at sprints. My fastest 100m is 12 :oI start to get faster once you get to 400m and up. My best 400m is 57s. I'm going to the district championship for the 600m. However, my favorite events are the Mile and the 1000m.Hey, keep me posted on your results, I want to know how you are doing.