xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
karlosantana

Parkour Gym Equipment

Hi everyone, :D For some time I've been participating in free running/parkour :D , however, down here (where i live) parkour isn't working out very well :o and needs a good kick. I have got a couple of people together and they are all wanting to help.I am wanting to invest in a gym training school to pass my knowledge down, there are parkour gyms about but i need the equipment not the gyms.Please do not think that I haven't looked because i have! everywhere returning no results. However, I am not the best in finding information like this out. :( Any help is really appreciated! Thanks in advance

not much equipment really needed in engaging in parkour, methinks. practically, a sturdy athletic shoes with good soles is all you'll ever need (and a set of gloves with a good grip to protect hands if you want). that's something you're actually wearing on a daily basis as it is already.

you won't even need to invest on a gym to practice your parkour skills, as you can perform parkour in any environment where you can find obstacles you can overcome, as that is what essentially parkour is... efficient and quick movement from one point to another. just find yourself a nice neighborhood where you and your colleagues can enjoy yourselves without bothering others too much. just mill around with others in a circle, like in a campfire with you in the center, if you want to demonstrate your parkour methods as a teacher. :o

wikipedia has an entry on parkour which you might want to visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

Lol well for your information I am a treaceu (parkourist) and have been for many years.Learning to kong, double kong I always found hard practising on a picnic bench, I even smacked my shins once or twice, needless to say I've found some.Thanks for all your searching Karlos

HiI've just started working for a company called highline extreme making skate parks and climbing walls. We're actually really interested in designing and building free running courses for young people/ people who want to train using safe or indoor equipment. We're going for meetings in the next few weeks to discuss design ideas, but if anyone wants to send us some ideas/ suggestions or anything that you'd like to see or that you think might help then that'd be great.I've done a bit of parkour myself, but it'd be good to hear from people who will obviously know a lot more aboutwhat kind of equipment would be useful. If you fancy chipping in suggestions then e-mail me atd_richards1989@hotmail.co.ukand i'll reply as quickly as i can.Feel free to e-mail this to anyone you think might be interested.CheersDan

Hi
I've just started working for a company called highline extreme making skate parks and climbing walls.
We're actually really interested in designing and building free running courses for young people/ people
who want to train using safe or indoor equipment. We're going for meetings in the next few weeks to discuss design
ideas, but if anyone wants to send us some ideas/ suggestions or anything that you'd like to see or that
you think might help then that'd be great.
I've done a bit of parkour myself, but it'd be good to hear from people who will obviously know a lot more about
what kind of equipment would be useful. If you fancy chipping in suggestions then e-mail me at
d_richards1989@hotmail.co.uk
and i'll reply as quickly as i can.

Feel free to e-mail this to anyone you think might be interested.
Cheers
Dan

Hey did you get any suggestions or ideas from this forum?
if you get any suggestions to your PM, please post that suggestions here. Because it will help the people who are looking for the same.