xisto Community
mrdee

Treating .csv Files As Database Data Showing .CSV data on a web page

I use a nice program (which I helped to beta test) called 'Simfatic Forms' to generate forms on web pages.

The only problem is that it does not (yet) support MySQL databases, it saves the form data as a .CSV file.

Now I was wondering if you can do the same with a .CSV file as you do with a MySQL databse, ie. displaying the data in that file on a web page which adjusts automatically as data are added to the file.

To clarify: eg. if I make a form to sign a petition online, the data are saved to a .CSV file every time someone fills in the form, is it now possible, using HTML or PHP, to put the people who signed the petition on a web page, without me having to update the page manually every time someone signs the petition?

Would it also be possible to only display some of the data instead of all of them? Eg. when people sign the petition they will be asked for their name, City and email address, but for protection of their privacy I would only display their name and city on the result page.

Is there a way to achieve all of the above and, if so, how should it be done?

Thanks in advance for any help.

When I was starting out learning php, I wrote a Contact Form that displayed the messages onto the Web page below the Form.
It used a csv file to do that.
Example: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Let me know if you would like to see the zip file for it.