xisto Community
galexcd

The Presidency

Presidency  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please read this topic before voting in the poll above. If I had the choice I would put the poll below my topic because It doesn't make very much sense unless you read what I am about to say but whatever.

(Also please excuse the bleeps, I will try to make this post as clean as possible, but I don't think I can get it bleep-free)

<rant>Anyway I am sick of this. I hate all the candidates. Every single one running for president this upcoming election I absolutely hate. And I'm pretty sure that the ones who are going to win the primaries are Hillary and McCain, and because of what a terrible job Bush has done everybody is going to go democratic and Hillary (who I hate more than any of the other candidates) is going to win and screw this country up for good. And now you just know what Hillary is going to do. "Hey let's raise taxes some more so we can afford all these extra services the government is going to give, and spread out the wealth making the rich poorer and the poor richer." Oh yeah Hillary you sure do care about those who are doing less off than you. How about that quote where you're cussing out a limo driver because he complained about something. Question: Why can't we ever elect a libertarian to office? Having a small national government will solve everything. Hmm let's think of some of the issues that people are arguing about today:

The war

Abortion/stem cell research

illegal immigration

Ok lets talk about the war in Iraq. Almost everyone wants us out of there BUT IF WE HAD A SMALLER *BLEEP*ING GOVERNMENT WITH LIMITED POWER WE WOULD NEVER HAVE GONE INTO IRAQ ANYWAY.

Abortion/stem cell research/all those other things the church wants the government to ban. WE SEPARATED CHURCH AND STATE MANY YEARS AGO FOR A REASON. WE DON'T NEED LAWS TAKING AWWAY OUR RIGHTS. THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE IT DON'T HAVE TO DO IT, IT DOSN'T MEAN THEY NEED TO TELL THE REST OF US WHAT THE HELL WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!

Illegal immigration. God every solution that has been proposed just pisses me off. A wall? Are they *BLEEP*ing kidding me? A wall? "Oh yea let's spend millions of dollars on a wall to keep these people out of our country even though there are tons of other ways that they can still get in"... Seriously now. There is one solution to this as well. TAKE OUT THE GOVERNMENT! Stop the welfare program, don't force hospitals to take in patients without seeing insurance first. Last time I checked hospitals were privately owned, but wait what's this? The government steps in and tells the hospitals that they have to take in patients even without being payed? Why do you think so many hospitals are closing? The government sure doesn't step into web hosting sites and say that people deserve to get free web-hosting before giving their credit card number. Once all of those services are gone America won't seem so tempting to those living in third world countries will it? Those who still want to come over are welcome! Get rid of all the border police, they don't need to sneak over. They may not be citizens but they still are able to participate in our economy.

Alright so because all of this I want to see who is with me. Lets say I were to run for president (and don't give me this political *BLEEP* about not being 35, lets just pretend I'm 35 for this thing), and I were to run for the party of libertarian. Would you vote for me or vote for somebody else?

</rant>

I say go Ron Paul, but chances are he's not going to get elected. My question is why you hate Hillary so much? In my opinion, she's still way better than Obama, but people just don't like her because she's a woman and we have some sort of problem with a woman being in power.

... but I don't think I can get it bleep-free)

You could if you were calm(er).

WE SEPARATED CHURCH AND STATE MANY YEARS AGO FOR A REASON. WE DON'T NEED LAWS TAKING AWAY OUR RIGHTS.

You can still come up with the same reasons to not allow something without the Church. If you were to promote proper Justice in order to make it consistent, abortion would be almost inexistent. The only time i would see where abortion would be allowed is when both the child and mother are—without a doubt—at risk of dying if one is not terminated; better to save one than lose both. And if the child is going to die no matter what without taking the mother with it, then let the child die naturally—just in case it does live.

Would you vote for me or vote for somebody else?

Depends on the competition and what you're promoting. Anyone can make promises and not keep them; it happens a lot. It's all about convincing (or deceiving) the public—with whatever tactics you throw at them. But i wouldn't vote for you, you did not pull me in. But i don't vote in these things anyway.

It's actually quite funny that you mention you'd wish a Libertarian would get elected to office. Just how close attention ARE you paying the primaries?Also, based of your rants about the border and hospitals, I can only assume that you are ill-informed on the issues. As for the wall they propose building, why do you think it's such a bad idea?There's not many ways to get around a wall...unless of course you go by water. But even then, were we to end our useless war mongering, our military would be at home, and fully capable of handling the wall as well as the oceans. Most of the illegal immigrants here in Texas simply cross the Rio Grande during the dead of night, and our Texas National Guard is in Iraq, so we have to rely on privately contracted borders guards that don't work for anything.And open-border policy would surely be the demise of our economic system. Our economy simply couldn't handle the immense strain it would cause. I suggest you further study the principles of the economy before you go on ranting about that. And the only hospitals that are closing are one's that are funded by the government. The immense strain, like I stated earlier, from the illegal immigrants is running them in to the ground.

I'd vote for alex. Honestly -.- i can't stand politics, but not to be racist of anything but i really don't think America is ready for a colored president. Nor is America ready for a women president. -.- I was going to vote but i chose not to now. lol I am not going to vote for this next president only because if i did i knew i would be making a hard choice and well i'm just sick of politics =.= and i DIDN"T vote for bush. hah. i voted for kerry last year but nooo heh. Kerry won illinois anyway and i'm glad he did!

just something about him reeks of " i can do better with this damn country than these other losers"

It's called propaganda, and governments and campaigns have been using it for YEARS, and people have been falling for it for years.

Search for some Communist Campaign ads. They all REAK of "Vote for us for CHANGE". I find it hilarious that people still fall for these shenanigans. They need a propaganda preparation class in High School.......seriously.