xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KainRacure

What Is The Most Underrated Rpg?

There are LOADS of RPGs out there and LOADS of good ones, We have all heard about the Final Fantasy Series, Chrono Trigger, Xenosaga, Golden Sun and all of those popular RPGs and series but what about the ones that the world missed out on?

With all of the top notch games out there so many good games have fallen through the cracks and left us wondering why they was not a huge thing like they deserve to be.

BTW please do not include MMORPGs, they are a whole different class of their own, I am talking just about simple RPGs that you play by yourself.

So tell me a few of your favorite RPGs that the world has missed.

My top pick has to be Bahamut Lagoon, It was a 32bit RPG released in Japan for the Super Nintendo Famicom (Japan's version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)) This game works like Final Fantasy Tactics. It is based around a squad of dragon riders.

Officially it was only released in Japan but there is a ROM of it that was translated into english by a group called DeJap Translations. (tho the english version has some very crude language but it MAY be because of the translation of the words were odd)

This game is fun to play and has a great story line. Plus it is made by Square who are known for their great RPGs.

Also I want to say this, the SNES was the BEST platform for RPGs ever (tho the PS2 comes in a close 2nd)

I'm not too sure how popular (or not) this game was in places outside Japan, but the earthbound/mother games were always my favorite. The quirkyness of the games are cute, but maybe this is just a female perspective on rpg games. I know Ness was in Supersmash Bros which is popular out here, so maybe there was a bigger following than I am aware.The game itself is cute and fun, I love that style of graphics and just an overall entertaining story.

the mother games outside of japan has a good reputation too bad you have to learn japanese or wait for modders to translate it to english. i think they have translated one in gameboy advancefor me the most underrated rpg is legend of dragoon ps, this game is turn based but with a twist unique to this game. you must create combo's to make your attack stronger and a miss will hurt you a lot. the graphics aint that bad for a playstation console even better than ff7 but a little less to the ff8. i really hate those days when you will get a game because of a review made by someone ( like a magazine, before internet is not that rumpant and this the only way to go if you want to know a game before buying it) even if it is onesided.even today its still happening but not on magazine but on tv. anyone heard of the g4tv, cheats shows, they always show reviews of xbox,gamecube,ds,wii even if the game is multiplatform and a lot better on for example on the ps2. i'm not saying im a sonyboy but not saying that the game is not multiplatform makes me believe that they are doing silent/stealth advertising :o