xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GrinningKittie

What Are Your Top Three Strangest Dreams?

For all you dream-a-holics ( meaning those who dream frequently when sleeping) what would you say your top three strangest dreams are?This is a hard question for me to answer because most of my dreams are strange ( or as some of my friends say as they laugh at the inner most workings of my mind "Just freaky!"). I'll do my best to pick the "strangest" ones to share.*drummmmmmmmmmmmmm rollllllllllllllllll pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase*1. I dreamed I was a hero and I was on a quest of some sorts and had to wander through some strange land of hallways. In said hallway I encountered a woman in a throne like chair. She was tall, fair skinned and dark of hair. Her hair was straight and long, shining beautifully in the light of the vaguely purple crystal ball she held in her lap. The lighting lent her ankle length, satiny white dress a lavenderish cast to it. Behind her was a wall of paned glass. She gave me directions to fill my quest:" Young hero you must venture forth through the pillsbury dough doors but be careful not to let them close on you. Then you must balance your way through the path of red, but beware do not let the gnomes distract you nor catch you. Be ever mindful of your balance. And then....."But by now I felt she had spoken too much. Time was crushing in on me as if a force to crush my chest so I took off thanking her kindly. I never heard the end of her sentence.I raced down the hallway and sure enough there was a double door set shaped just like the pillsbury dough boy. I opened up the heavy doors quickly and raced through, barely making it before the shut ( I would have been sliced in half!). I found myself on a path made of red vinyl tumbling mats and had hard time keeping my balance as they were tall, deep and squishy. Just as I got my bearings evil gnomes came trailing after me so I ran. The path ended and just below me was a ledge that led to another path so I jumped.....and fell through the floor. I then woke up.2. I dreamed in anime once. Only once. Anime is those cartoons made by the Japanese. At the time of this dream I was vaguely familiar with what it was and did not really watch it. I dreamed I had pink hair. Everyone I knew was in the dream and in anime cartoon form. We were to perform a diamond/bank heist ( I guess it was a bank/diamond store??). We got in and robots came out to arrest us ( we had accidentally tripped the red security lasers). I apparently had a super utility belt because I shot a grappling rope up towards a chandelier ( I guess this was a REALLY ritzy bank/diamond store) and swung my way up and out of there.......dream fades and I wake up.3. I had to get to this school to pick up this girl I was supposed to babysit. My friend picks me up and I get in the car. In the car next to me a bellhop appears. I am confused but I guess he is supposed to be there. I ask my friend where are we going as she was headed to where all the school buses park which was farther than the school. I turn to look at her and the car is driving itself. I turn to ask the bellhop what is going on and he tells me I must drive the car. It was a white huge buick and I had never driven a car before and when I tried to tell him this he disappeared. So I dove over to the wheel and guided the car to the nearest garage and barely made it inside as the door was shutting and fast. I made it in, got out of the car and then folded the car into a a tricycle and triked my way out of the garage before the doors shut all the way. After getting out I realized the school was right in front of me, so I folded up the tricycle into a purse and proceeded to walk to the school. I picked the girl up and walked her to her home. Her father was irate that I was late but invited me in. He and his daughter disappeared and their was this red headed short haired woman sitting at a table, wearing a red house dress and drinking something clear. She told me not to mind him, that he got cranky like that. I had no idea who she was and when I turned to ask her I found she had turned into a bright orange persian cat. That was when I left to go home.When I got home there was a mouse in the bathroom and I could not catch it. This was vexing me because I really did not need a mouse in the house. On further inspection I realized the reason the rodent was so hard to catch was because it wasn't really a mouse. It was the world's smallest monkey. This was very irritating to me and as I tried to catch it, the monkey escaped. My husband caught it but instead of taking care of it ( calling someone about it or releasing it outside) he made a lego jungle land for it where it and the world's smallest gorilla could battle or play..............If you are wondering these are real dreams I have had and no I have done nothing to induce or help along their strangeness. My mind just puts together the oddest things to watch and experience when I close my eyes at night. LOL!!I hope you enjoyed these strange dreams. So what are your top three?

LOLNICE DREAMS , AREN'T THEY?I have many dream and nightmares too.Let me think for a while , maybe i can remember some.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please contribute to our forum with a complete thought--brief, short or one-liner are considered spam in our forum. Thank you.

I'd have to say the strangest dreams I have EVER had is when I am having a lucid dream. More often than not though, when I realize that I am having a lucid dream I'll start to wake up, and I actually have to try resisting waking up in my dreams. It's a VERY crazy experience, like something out of a weird movie.But anyways, I'll get on to my dreams;1. I was having a dream that started with me being at the high school I graduated from. I was going through what was a typical day at school, but I went in to the gym and that was when I realized I was dreaming, and began to lucid dream. To start, I went up to the hottest cheerleader and started groping her. A little perverted I know, but what would you do in a world where you could do whatever you wanted? After that I went in to the principals office and basically tore it apart. I hated him during High School because I got in a bit of trouble and he actually had the nerve to tell me, "When we come to school, we leave the constitution at the front door." This was a violation of my rights, all over some songs me and my friends made and recorded where we basically made fun of the jocks and stoners. After that I went in to the teachers lounge and used the Cola vending machines and ate all the delicious treats they would always have in there. Then I went to my favorite teachers room and we jammed on the guitar like we always used to do after school. I woke up at that point and was bummed out cause we were playing some awesome Beatles songs.2. This wasn't a lucid dream, but for some reason I was in Connecticut. Me and my friend were really really hungry, so we hoped in my car and started driving around looking for a place to eat. The reason that this was such a weird dream to me was because even to this moment, I remember ALL the directions I took while driving around, how weird is that? Anyways we stopped at a Gas station store and for some reason they had two lines divided by a huge concrete wall, one for boys and the other for girls. I ran in to someone I know on the girl side and she told me that one of my friends had drank them self to death, and I was like "big surprise. After that I got to the counter and the store closed!! Then for some reason my car was able to fly, we went to Whataburger, got some eats, and then I woke up.3. All of my other weird dreams are always when I'm back with one of my ex girl friends, except this time they are like....really hot for some reason. I usually have false awakenings when I have these types of dreams, and the delusions will usually tend to last for several minutes after I wake up.OH, and did you know that during one of the cycles of your sleep, your entire body is paralyzed!?!? I woke up one time during that and was REALLY freaked out because I wasn't able to move. Probably one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me, haha.

My strangest dream was what you might call a nightmare. It is the only time I have ever been really scared even after waking up. In fact, I had to wake one of my room mates to make sure I was really awake it freaked me out so much. It was one of those dreams where you start to realize you are dreaming and when you try to wake up you can't, when you try to speak you can't then you start to panic and try very hard to concentrate and yell to get someone to help you and nothing comes out. I did notice after trying a few times that if I tried to yell I think I was hearing myself moaning. I have one of those micro cassette recorders and if I were having recurring lucid dreams I would have it set to voice activation and place it beside my bed each night to see if I can record anything interesting. Anyway, not that it matters much what it is about since the feelings are the same when you realize you are dreaming or sleeping and cannot wake yourself but this is what mine was about on this particular night.

My bedroom has a huge bay window with flower beds in the front yard below. In my dream I am laying in bed and hear something... no not really hear, more like I sense something is digging around in the flower bed so I look over to the window and I can't see anything from bed so I try to get up and realize I am stuck in place. *BLEEP*, that's scary when you can't move and there are intruders lurking about. Well, I don't remember ever actually seeing anything and the best recollection I have of the scene in my bedroom was not really accurate because it seemed as though I was looking up at the window wishing I could get up to look outside and confirm if there was someone or something in my flowerbed below my window.

I must have been trying to wake myself for a long time because when I finally woke up I was wet from sweating in my bed. Of course there was nothing to see outside and I went to wake my room mate to make sure I was really awake. I look back and wish I had gone outside the next day to look at the flower bed but I never did do that. I have had dreams like this before in which I could not wake up and it does cause some panic when you realize you are sleeping yet cannot wake up. This time was different because of the sounds or the feeling that something was outside under my window.

I wait until this point in my story to reveal that there was a feeling that it was no racooon out there. In fact my feeling was that there was some alien being out there scratching around under my window. So now you can really relate to the level of panic I must have felt at that time. Not that there was anything sinister or dangerous about the incident at all. Simply the unkown can be extremely frightening, apparently.

So, in pondering these types of dreams I am starting to think about telepathy and things like the frequency with which our bodies electrical impulses are operating at and it makes me wonder about a few things. Could it be possible that during our unconsious times at sleep, daydreaming or meditating etc. that our minds might be in a better state for sending and/or receiving some kind of communications be they intentional or not?

Other questions that comes up are somewhat spiritual. Do people who seek enlightenment through meditation and various healing arts experience a similar state of mind? If you can then carry this state of mind at all times and still function in your daily activities would this be a step in the evolution of the human psyche? If so, could this state then be induced artificially and on demand with either drugs, sound waves, electrical impulses or some other method? Answers to these kinds of questions may be found in talking with people who have devoted their lives to practicing healing arts such as yoga and various forms of meditation.

Devi Tide, the Head of the Sufi Healing Order in North America has spoken (among other venues) at the Harvard Mind Body Institute promoting Sufi Ideals of inter-religious harmony and personal transformation.

Swami-ji Sundaranand is a master yogi who lives in India near the source of the sacred Ganges River in the Himalayas. Swami-ji shares his knowledge on how to open your mind by cleansing the subtle physical nervous and spiritual centers of the body and how to balance the nervous system among other things.

I mention these people because I know they have both been the subject of film maker Victor Demko from Toronto, Canada and are featured guests in his holistic health DVD series available at:

http://thecenterforhealingarts.com/view-sample-clips.php

A truly unique experience waits for those who are looking for guidance or knowledge of any healing arts. Seeing Swami-ji face to face while listening to the DVD is something else when you consider where and how he lives in seclusion in the Himalayas all the way over there in India. (I live in Canada so I would never be able to know Swami-ji or his words if not for the fact that I can get the DVD) Every 2 months there is another film created featuring a new guest on DVD. I think I am going to start using the forums at the center to post some of these questions to the community of healing arts practitioners.

I love it when I get to experience the occasional lucid dream! It is really crazy when I realize it, but more often than not I am unable to control everything in my dream. I actually had quite a few interesting dreams this past night, but I am not confident that I could remember the details...1. When I think of the 3 strangest dreams I have ever had, the first one that immediately comes to mind is when I went to see a safari in Africa. I went with a couple of my friends, and we all were hanging out driving a trailer around in the jungle. Then as the day started to drift away, the car was stopped in the middle of a vast plane of land. Various jungle animals who were hanging around in the shadows began to approach our trailer and there were a couple of my friends who had left to explore. As they dashed back to make it back before sunrise, we had to go around locking windows and doors (reminds me of I am legend) for fear of the animals overtaking us. I woke up at the moment of action when my friends were barely making it back and we had to lock the last of the doors to avoid attack from the lions outside, but it was quite a suspenseful (and random) dream of mine.2. A partially lucid dream I had involved a little mall shopping on an endless escalator. Instead of being able to control everything in the dream, I could only change certain things: once I realized it was a lucid dream, I instinctively tried to fly but I couldn't. All I could do was jump up and float a little while I was on the escalator. So I was trying to shop at the mall, and though I could enter, none of the stores were open. I walked around everywhere, but there was little to do so I hopped on the escalator. It seriously would not stop. This was when I realized I was having a lucid dream. As I looked around it was a little Alice in Wonderland-esque as the walls around me no longer existed and I could see different things I owned floating around me. Then I finally reached the top and I was just overlooking the entire city I was literally just standing over the sky on a simple escalator. Really a dynamic picture when I re-imagine it. Then I tried to fly again but it was pretty sad and I sort of drifted over the floor once I fell that far. Not very cool, but I guess I'm not either so appropriate none the less.3. The strangest dream I ever had was meeting a person who was basically my dog in human form. It was very strange, and basically my dog was talking to me! He would ask the things he usually whines for, but it was such a weird experience because you never really expect to see that it real form. He looked like a wolf-man and was actually quite cute, though. :o

3. The strangest dream I ever had was meeting a person who was basically my dog in human form. It was very strange, and basically my dog was talking to me! He would ask the things he usually whines for, but it was such a weird experience because you never really expect to see that it real form. He looked like a wolf-man and was actually quite cute, though. laugh.gif

Cripes! I had a dream one time where my dog could talk. Haha, how funny is that? Maybe that's like a stock dream that people with pets have....I think I'll look it up.

I once dreamt the world was splitting in two, and that Good and Evil surge for power had destroyed and wrecked the world into the points life was eliminated. I think I was 10 when this confusing dream interrupted my quite evening sleep..

ok.. SO thie one right here i thinkis the strangest dream ive had, only because its happened, over & over again, in the dream im about 6 [ive been having the dream since i was 6] and im just standing on the backyard to my old house, [the house was built weird, so you could see outside to the street] and im just standing there, when a van pulls up to my house, and just kidnaps my mom from the sidewalk, and snaps her into the car... i couldnt do anything, its one of those dreams where you can only feel your emotions, you cant move, scream, do anything.. funny thing is that, a week or so after the dream, my dad left forever i guess. [he didnt died, just left] and everytime i have the dream, something bad happenssecond:On monday, i had a dream that i was at my highschool, its a 2 minute walk from the beach, andlike, supposely we were at war with the world [iunited states against the world haha] and like there was sorta like a disneyland/soak city ishh enviroment, we had to slide in big doughnut looking lifesavers, and hold on to them.. [because we were on ah mmm tsunami warning, and were told that if a tsunami hits, to hold on to whatever we could, since landing on enemy terrotery would be like our death riight there, haha (: -im guessing there was some sort of earthquake, and everyone was freaking out-. then i just kept walking with my mom next to me, and there was going to be some sort of concert? and i wanted to go i guess, and then i fell haha. i tripped.. and then.. i landed inside a room, and like i looked out the window and saw that we got bombed.. and everyone started running.. and then i woke up [my mom was knocking on the door.. rawr]last dream:So yersterday, i had a dream (: [so lutter king haha] it was rather weird, i was walking into the school, and theres this hallway that goes through the whole school, i was walking through it.. and this guy*the guy.. [short info] i had a crush on him freshman year, like before i moved, i came back junior year, and we were kinda close.. thanks to myspace muahha, and like, we dated supposely/ he asked me out, but i space out a lot, so i wasnt really aware we were. until he broke up with me lmfao*and well i was walking, and all of the sudden, i saw him walking.. he was sorta in front of me, then went to the side of me, like following me, and he kept smiling.. i just walked faster, so i was in front of him. then we got at the end of the hallway, but something was off, it was sorta like mall at the end. i could see restaurants melt in with the school.. then he started walking next me to me, and he was like.. are you going to kiss me? and i was like no? then he was like, just one! and then he kept following me, then somehow he ended up on top of me, and im like wtf? then he just kissed me.. [akward] and hes like mmh that wasnt romantic, let me try again, but then i woke up lmfao(: it was a good dream hahah

I had this one dream the other night that was kind of strange... It was me, my cousin (that I hardly ever see), and this guy that I've seen on the television (that I've never met and don't even know his name XD But he's been in the last two shows that I've watched, so I can understand how he got into my dream lol). Anyway, we got off a school bus like right in the middle of nowhere on some highway looking road, and somehow from there we ended up running through a forest. I had to stop by a garbage bin (yes, for some reason I found a garbage bin in the middle of the forest?!) and throw out a bunch of wood that I had in my back pack, because it was heavy and slowing me down. No idea why I even had the wood. Apparently I was a bad student that didn't bring home my homework hahaSo, we were all in the forest for some reason, and while we were running though, we came across this camp site looking place. But only half of the stuff was there and set up. And I found it really strange and kind of deja-vu-ish because the stuff that was set up was from my camping stuff (like a canopy and our tarps and stuff. We camp every year, so we've got a bunch of stuff that we take with us.)So yea, in the dream I was surprised to see our stuff there (since I didn't set it up myself... and we just happened to "chance" run through it.) So we stuck around a bit there and talked about coming back and camping sometime. I guess the time in my dream wasn't the right time for camping. But I remember almost kicking myself for "throwing out" that wood from before in my back pack because we could have used that for a fire. Though, in reality there was so much wood around I don't think it would have made a difference, if we could even have a fire there because it was such a thick forest filled with trees and underbrush and all that.If we did make a fire there, we'd probably end up burning down the forest and then we'd be in real trouble. Mind you, it's just a dream, so things might not have burnt :PAnyway, that was my strangest one lately. I tend not to remember my dreams all that much, but when I do happen to have a lucid one... it's really fun cause I can control what is going on. The one I mentioned wasn't lucid, but I wish it was lol... cause then I could have "met" that actor instead of just have him kinda standing around with us :lol:

My weirdest Dreams:1) I was standing in this dark room, there was no light whatsoever but somehow I could still see. There was a faint glint and I started walking towards it when I got closer I realized it was a glass tree. I climbed the ladder to the top of the vase and jumped across telling myself not to fall into the water where the soil was, although the liquid was dark and I couldnt see the soil. I started climbing the tree and when I got to the top and looked down there were two of my childhood friends standing below looking up at the vace. As soon as I saw them I fell from the tree and landed in the water surprisingly I didnt wake up like most dreams, instead I stood up and looked down thinking that I would see a soft patch of soil. I was wrong however, it was glass. Shards of glass, I then looked up and the dream ended. The significant thing about this dream is that these two friends are people I havent seen in a very long time. A couple of months after the dream I ran into them. Both of them were together and it was just me, like the dream. So we hung out lol. 2) I was in this field with my brother and he was like can you do that? I looked up and there was a helicopter flying doing barrel rolls. I said yes and we got into this helicopter and started flying. The controls where stuck however and we kept soaring upwards into the clouds. So far up that everything was just white, then as soon as I reached the top I saw a faint light. It was like yellow or goldish and it shined down on us. But then the helicopter dropped strait towards the ground and before it hit the ground I woke up.Very scary dream if you ask me, I thought I was dead. Or going to hell.....3) So I was at school with my friends at palo alto and then I heard the bell ring.. Evveryone started going to class and I realized that i ahd no idea where I was going, part of the reason was because I was in Palo Alto not Arizona where I go to school. So I left and got on a mo-ped, I was driving the moped and started doing wheelies showing off stuff and a polic walked by and I signaled him to keep moving and he listened. Next thing I knew I was at a stoplight and this girl rides by on the moped, I whispered to myself come-back and she did and I signaled her to folow me. We went into the park and thats where things got a little interesting :lol:still weird *bottom* dream but yea it was fun I woke up as soon as things got interesting... pooey