xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
etycto

Daiting? why do we date?

just a while ago i stated thinking, this mostly goes out to teenagers those who started dating. why are you looking for really beacause at the age of thirteen or even sixteen i dont think you would be looking for someone to spend your life with. would you? the reason is that most middle to high school reallytionshipd dont last very long months, weeks, days, even hours. if a kid starts dating young they probably had a good amout of of girlfriends or boyfriends did they really expect that one of them would be their life partner or was it just wanting to be like everybody else. i have a couple of idea of why we might date at young ages:

i think it might our way of experimenting to see who is actually good for us. becasue we find someone, we think we like them then we go out with them until we grow tired of them or we realized maybe they're not the right persone for us and then we put a mental note and say people like that may not be the right kind for me that's probalbly why a lot of people has said before "i know their type and they're not for me" or "their not the right guy/girl for me".

another way i see it is maybe the human race has to much time in their hand and need something to fill it with while i go on. here's where this is coming from, long time there realy wasnt any girlfriends or boyfriends realy. because you really mostly heard of fiences or wife/husbands. why might that be i think is beacause long time ago most people did not live past 50 i'm not even sure past 40. so really there was no real time for boyfriends and girlfriends they want to reproduce they just get maried and have kids, that's also why kids would get maried at like 16. (most importantly there really wasnt any place to go on dates no restaurents and stuff). but this edea would realy raise the idea of when did things actually start moving torwds the moder time.

so anyways the question is why do you think we date and why do you date?

Well, I think it's a normal thing to go out dating. It's the instinct, the urge, and the like that drive us do dating. It's also a way of testing someone's sexuality. Much more as a means of knowing someone's fertility (set aside hypocrisy please...) to form a family. So, if you think you are ready to handle a family, test your loved one's capability first. Just don't forget, a union of two hearts only set the pace in forming a family. And without a child born, there will never, ever be a family. What am I trying to say? Date and test, before you get marry. :o

When I was around 12 or 13, I think I was dating anyone who was interested. We would hang out for weeks or months, and then realize that we were not right for each other and move on quite quickly. I never once expected something as serious as what I have now back then, but the experience helped me shape my understanding of others and our abilities to communicate effectively with one another. In highschool I had a much more serious relationship (maybe 2 years or so) but because I was so engulfed in it, as was my boyfriend at the time, the way it ended was by no means civil or optimal. I think because we were together for so long (Well at the time it was extremely long to us) we expected a lot out of the relationship and each other even though we barely knew ourselves. These relationships are all great to find out who we are as people and what we expect others.Now that I am a little bit older and more mature, the person I am with now is truly special and perfect for me, and we can communicate with one another much better which makes for a solid relationship.I think it is important to date and experiment at the younger ages to establish yourself and learn about each other, but also try to put things into perspective that you are young and shouldn't get too carried away. The most important thing is to just have fun and live your life, is my opinion. :o