xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tricky77puzzle

Question About Posting In Internet Forum [resolved] Points system screwed up?

I posted a topic in the "Webhost Review" part of the site. I forgot that it was reserved for Level 1 members and higher and my post didn't show up. However, I still got 11 points for it (it was a REALLY long post, and I currently have 19.47). What happens now? Is it possible for me to delete the topic? Will I get points again if I post it once I become a level 1 member? I just don't want to cheat the system, that's all...

tricky77puzzle, that "webhost review" section is simply set to hide all new posts, just until after it is reviewed by Xisto staff. if it passes the scrutiny of admins/moderators, the "invisible" topic you posted will then be approved, and it will be unhidden for others to comment on. :D

as for the points you thought you earned "illegally", the system has simply calculated your hosting credits for your post (both visible and invisible). :D no harm done there, and the system is not cheated in any way. however, if that particular post is deemed not suitable for forum discussion and then deleted (actually we have a spam section where we put spammy posts in), then the system will adjust your credits accordingly and the credits you initially earned will be deducted from your existing total credits. in the unlikely chance that a forum violation is noted in your post (as stipulated in Xisto README), a warning may be imposed which could affect your ability to get hosted with Xisto. but i'm jumping the gun... if you follow the forum rules and regulations, then you will be fine. i'm just giving you the scenario however. :o

originally invisible topic of concern (already approved and made visible):
http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?shoc=55223=

Topic is resolved.

Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.