xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
strange-garden

I Did This Illustration In A Jiffy Im not fantastic at Illustrator

Posted Image

(full view please, the size is reduced and makes it look rough)

Just so you know, I don't promote drug taking at all, the words 'acid trip' are meant to secure the thought of creativity and reality melting together. Don't do drugs, stay in school. I'm also NOT very good at Illustrator, and only use it to make logos, I'm used to photoshop. My first attempt at Illustrator was this, I haven't used it very often for these kinds of things, anyways here it is:

Posted Image

I like colourful abstract stuff.

Edited by strange-garden (see edit history)

Dude you have got some skills! love it! how did you do them? they're great!I'm so jealous there are people like you who can draw and then people like me who when it comes to logo design can't draw a thing! keep it up! love it karlosantana

Dude you have got some skills! love it! how did you do them? they're great!I'm so jealous there are people like you who can draw and then people like me who when it comes to logo design can't draw a thing! keep it up!
love it
karlosantana

LOL. Thanks. I never usually post my art up on websites and stuff, but thanks for saying nice things...It really made me feel good about myself. I still have the original illustrator file, I might make a tutorial if people are interested enough.

Yeah, I really want a tutorial! Dude, I can't do that great in photoshop, let alone Illustrator! You really need to post up some tutorials, man, I want to know how you can do that!Thanks in advance,Imtay

Wow. I'm amazed. In such a short period of time? Do you mind if I take the 'acid trip' logo and print it on a bag I have to make for GCSE textiles? I won't be making money, I'll just need a design idea. For educational purposed, if you like.P.S I love abstract things as well, in fact, I have a band and our name consists of the word 'abstract' :)

I knew there was some talented artist here on our forums. I really like the first one, the colors are so vivid and the design is just awsome. Can anyone tell me if illustrator is what freehand used to be? I mean I've used freehand before and everysince adobe took over macromedia I dont know what happen to it. Illustrator seems to be similar to freehand.So how long have you been doing art? I'm just curious, I have a few friends who are artist and I'm kinda jealous of them in a way :), they get to draw and create all day.

Wow. I'm amazed. In such a short period of time?
Do you mind if I take the 'acid trip' logo and print it on a bag I have to make for GCSE textiles? I won't be making money, I'll just need a design idea. For educational purposed, if you like.

P.S I love abstract things as well, in fact, I have a band and our name consists of the word 'abstract' :)

Go for it haha.

As long as it's for textiles...and not for photoshop class or anything lol

I knew there was some talented artist here on our forums. I really like the first one, the colors are so vivid and the design is just awsome.
Can anyone tell me if illustrator is what freehand used to be? I mean I've used freehand before and everysince adobe took over macromedia I dont know what happen to it. Illustrator seems to be similar to freehand.

So how long have you been doing art? I'm just curious, I have a few friends who are artist and I'm kinda jealous of them in a way :), they get to draw and create all day.

I've been doing art since I was like 3, it's always been my favourite thing. But I've always been pretty amazed by colours and stuff.

and I'll make a tutorial today, when I get the time.

I can do a tut if this thread gets popular, but people will need both illustrator and photoshop

It looks like the same can be done in InkScape and the GIMP. But a tutorial will clear all doubt. :)

I have to say not bad at all nice vector designs and stuff only comment I have though is that you have to much white space, and I would think you could pull off the same design in a much smaller scale to remove some of the dead space. Of course you could just keep adding to the design you currently have and what not, I have very great vector brushes I can give you for the photoshop part of the design.I would recommend that you get yourself a deviart art profile and upload your designs and what not.