xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tunay

What Kind Of Car Do You Have? make and model? :D

I'm in india & currently i have a compact car made by suzukiin a few months i'll be upgrading to a sedan probably renault loganif any other alternative arises then i'll definitely go for thatmy friends are suggesting me to go for a hyundai but my family members insist that let it be a car which gives good mileage and low on maintainance and there are only a handful of cars in that bracketIf any alternatives kindly let me know

My parents recently bought me a Mini, I think it's pretty cute and so compact. I can literally fit in practically any size parking space, very handy when I'm driving around the city where parking is difficult to come by.Previously I just drove the family car which was a Mazda 6. Good Japanese car, pretty fuel efficient, especially with high gas prices at the moment.

@travstatesmenThat is the exact same thought that folks in India have, apart from the fact that the Indian government imposes a heavier tax when the engine capacity exceeds a certain threshold or when the vehicle length is greater than a certain amount. A smaller engine is great for Indian traffic considering how you would be travelling between forty and sixty kilometers per hour and that is exactly what the manufacturers have been fitting into the vehicles that they sell in India. The Suzuki Swift, for example, comes with a 1,200 cc engine when sold in India instead of the standard 1,600 cc engine that Suzuki fits into all of its internationally sold models.Apart from engine size, there are other factors that affect fuel consumption and engine power. In Indian diesel cars, the manufacturers typically include a turbo charger. The turbo charger increases the power output, but also increases fuel consumption, which means that it does make the small engine work as a larger engine would.Then again, there is the aging Maruti Suzuki 800 (which, by the way, is named so because it has an 800 cc engine) that Suzuki hopes to replace with another car that has a 600 cc engine and the 600 cc engine produces a greater power than its 800 cc equivalent. Sure, it may be due to the improved compression ratio that increases fuel efficiency but it is also possible that that tiny engine burns as much fuel as an existing 1,000 cc engine. The advantage of the small engine is in the price, and that is a definite advantage for any manufacturer. Get a small high-output engine, slap on a turbo for increased effect, and undercut your competitor's best price tag - that seems to be the mantra in the Indian automotive market.@y4nziJust because the Mini has cute looks and is compact does not mean your folks gave you anything less than the best. The engines fitted in a Mini produce great power. I knew they were and had the chance to see one in action as it climbed a foot path with ease. Mazda gets you the bang for the buck and those are just awesome!

I have a 2008 mazda 6 (Second generation) with 3.7 Liter engine. in wikipedia they have mentioned that the 0-100kmph for this car should be 6.1sec but i haven't seen this time mine went from 0-80kmph in 6.5sec! when it was new and now i think the 0-100kmph takes about 9 seconds. after two years the car is so wobbly in the corners which i think it needs a huge repair.the seats are comfortable enough and the air conditioner is just working fine but i have changed the cd player because of distortions in low frequencies.there was a strange thing when i bought this car, the right window takes 5second more than the left window to go down. other thing are working properly.