xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerman_1973

Dangerman's 2008 Movie Preview Recommended movies to watch for the upcoming year

Cloverfield

post-42385-1200065022_thumb.jpg

The Blair Witch Project meets Godzilla in this first person take on the common monster movies. Produced by J.J. Abrams and directed by Matt Reeves. Opens Jan. 18th.

Rambo

post-42385-1200065014_thumb.jpg

Sylvester Stallone produce, write, direct and reprise his role as America's most dangerous Vietnam Vet, as Rambo returns to rescue a team of captured missionaries behind the war-ravaged enemy lines of Burma. Opens Jan. 25th.

Jumper

post-42385-1200064905_thumb.jpg

The man behind Anakin Sywalker is back on the big screen as Hayden Christensen plays a "jumper", a human with the ability to teleport anywhere in the world. Samuel L. Jackson leds a team whose purpose is to hunt down and kill jumpers. Directed by Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity) Opens Feb. 14th.

Iron Man

post-42385-1200065002_thumb.jpg

Robert Downey Jr. dons the mask of ol' shellhead as billionaire industralist Tony Stark, who after a terrorist attack that almost takes his life, creates a hi-tech armored suit to fight the forces of evil. Based on the world-renowned Marvel Comics character. Opens May 2nd.

Speed Racer

post-42385-1200064937_thumb.jpg

From the creators of The Matrix Trilogy, the classic anime series come to life in this fast and furious racing event. Opens May 9th.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

post-42385-1200064951_thumb.jpg

Harrison Ford is back as the man in the hat. And this time, he's bringing Shia LeBeouf (Transformers) with him as they go one step ahead of sinister Soviet operatives to find a lost treasure in South America. Executive produced by George Lucas and directed by Steven Spielberg. Opens May 22nd.

Get Smart

post-42385-1200064924_thumb.jpg

Steve Carrell slips on the shoe phone of the late Don Adams' famous bumbling TV super-spy Maxwell Smart as he and his partner Agent 99 (Anne Hathaway) faced the diabolical forces of KAOS. Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson and Terence Stamp co-stars. Opens June 20th.

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

post-42385-1200065212_thumb.jpg

Hellboy (Ron Perlman) and his team from the Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense are back to save the world the an ancient evil. Guillermo del Toro returns to the director's chair in this sequel. Opens July 11th.

The Dark Knight

post-42385-1200064913_thumb.jpg post-42385-1200064990_thumb.jpg

Christian Bale and director Christopher Nolan returns in the follow-up to 2005's Batman Begins. Batman (Bale) continues his never-ending war on crime with the help of rising-star district attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart). But a new criminal menace arrives in the form of The Joker (Heath Ledger) and Gotham City is about to explode into chaos, unless the Caped Crusader sets things right. Opens July 18th

Hancock

post-42385-1200064893_thumb.jpg

Will Smith is Hancock, an alcoholic superhero whose crimefighting career hits the skids until he saves the life of a PR manager (Jason Bateman). Things get complicated when Hancock falls in love with the manager's wife (Charlize Theron). Directed by Peter Berg. Opens July 2nd.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

post-42385-1200064978_thumb.jpg

Brendon Fraser once again straps in the double revolvers of adventurer Rick O'Connell. In this chapter to the blockbuster Mummy franchise, O'Connell faces an ancient Chinese Emperor (Jet Li) and his army of the undead. Michelle Yeoh co-stars. Directed by Rob Coen (xXx, The Fast and the Furious). Opens August 1st.

Punisher: War Zone

post-42385-1200065702_thumb.jpg

In this reboot of the tale of Marvel Comics' deadliest and heavily armed vigilante, Frank Castle, aka The Punisher (Ray Stevenson), this new chapter pits castle against violent mobster Jigsaw (Dominic West) in the hardened streets of New York City. Bullets will fly and blood will be spilled. Will Castle make it through this deadly confrontation alive while being hunted by an FBI task force out to capture him? Opens Sept. 12th.

Plus...

The Incredible Hulk

James Bond 22

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Star Trek

post-42385-1200065008_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dangerman_1973 (see edit history)

Man I think I will be going broke this year from all the movies I will be watching, and color me shocked about the 3rd mummy movie, and if I do see and whats his name shows up again then I will go insane. Little surprise they did another Punisher movie, though ok, box office told otherwise, and the same with Hellboy as well. Don't plan on seeing jumper just because it looks lame, maybe I do the DVD purchase later in the year maybe not. Other then that The rest of the movies should do successfully well and cloverfield will be one of my first reviews of 2008, should be interesting how I will write that to keep the movie secret, and I can tell you all this it isn't a godzilla remake I can assure you on that.

wow lots of kool movies to watch this yr.m Waitin for Iron man sumthin i can't miss to watch..n Dark Knight shud b sum way Better, shud watch dat too. eventhough i didnt lik those old batman movies, i liked batman begins it did quite a gud work ...... so expect the same case with Dark Knight.N Rest all movies r no guarantee movies, not much expectation in other movies.n James Bond, wud have been in ma list if it was Brosnan's n nyway wanna kno who they r gonna cast in the movie.Nyway Lets C

I dont get it. Is the new batman movie going to be a remake of batman 1? I loved that movie but if its going to be a remake I would much rather go and see another movie. I still have the batman 1 movie in vhs somewhere, I gotta go look for it. I never saw the first punisher movie, was it any good? It will be very interesting to see the indiana jones and rambo movies.

Coolness, a few of them might not have worked out with our silly internet acting up as always. And a few looks out of focous, internet again, but they look awesome! I havnt seen any adds for it so I might have to search on the internet, Ill check it out, when its out - should that make sense :o♥Evo