xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  

Submit Your Site To Google How to make google find your site

Ok as i promised in the shoutbox ill tell you how first go here it's a meta tag generator. Meta tags are what search engine robots look for! if you don't have them a robot will not find them! so generate your own put them where they belong, it odes say when the tags have been generated. now thats done tell the search engines "IM HERE". In cPanels main page (under Preinstalled Scripts if you can't find it) theres a button that says "Search Engine Submit" click it. Then insert the various things needed
URL=your site url!
Email=Your email address just incase the search engine has to get hold of you
Comments=a brief one line sentence of what your site is about
Keywords=Keywords that people put into the search engine to throw up your site i.e. if your site is about sports 1 keyword might be Rugby Baseball etc.
Language=the language your site is
Country=what country its better serving!
Catagory=obvious! choose a category that you site fits into
Remember your meta tags will cover most of it so don't worry if you put the wrong thing in!

That's link of Google will take you years to get on Google's results.The best way to get to Google is making a good site, so you'll get good traffic. The most important matter is that you can make up a website with appropriate keywords, meta tags, and title. That's help Googlebot alot to analyze your site.

A site which has been fully built should only be submitted to google as the sites which are built but are not completed like meta tags are not added then it is not easy for the googlebot to find your website.So when you have made your website and completed it then you can go to Add site to Google

But do this only if your website is completely built as I submiited a website that was not built completely and that site is still no where in google's database ,Googlebot might have rejected it.Also if you submmit your site for many times then also it isn't accepted by google.

Edited by musicmaza (see edit history)

I'm wanting to ask a question, but I'm going to do it in this most recent post first.How many of you would say you understand how Google works, how MSN live works, and yahoo? As in how to submit to all of these and get your website indexed.How many of you know what being indexed means? Also, about meta tags and titles, keywords and catch phrases, how many would say they understand how to properly optimize a website for that?Is this something that you guys are interested in learning about? p.s. Has there been a lot of discussion on it, and if not if I started to make posts of how-to's for SEO would you guys be interested in reading them?

I'm wanting to ask a question, but I'm going to do it in this most recent post first.
How many of you would say you understand how Google works, how MSN live works, and yahoo? As in how to submit to all of these and get your website indexed.

How many of you know what being indexed means?

Also, about meta tags and titles, keywords and catch phrases, how many would say they understand how to properly optimize a website for that?

Is this something that you guys are interested in learning about?

p.s. Has there been a lot of discussion on it, and if not if I started to make posts of how-to's for SEO would you guys be interested in reading them?

I understand all of them. My website is indexed in all 3 of those sites, and I have appropriate meta tags on my website. Why do you asl these?

Well it was pretty easy for me, I allready had a gmail account so I went to "Webmasterapplications" or something like that and added my website.I had to follow a few steps to make sure that the website was my own, and when it was verified and added I just had to wait till the "Google bot"would pass by sometime. And after a while it found me! I found out pretty soon I had to change some things to get the right traffic to my website but it was on google! Greetzz

Remember your meta tags will cover most of it so don't worry if you put the wrong thing in!

Moreover... You need a good clean design for your website. No hidden pages and try to code the website as good you can... Iff you dont do this then you probably have one page indexed by the search enging and nothing else!

going to https://www.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2Fsubmit-url&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2Fsubmit-url and submitting the url of your site is the only way you can submit your site to be indexed by the google's search bots.

but google never promises that your site even if it is submitted in the above link.

it says that your can go un indexed for many days even after submitting the site.

i think if have also applied for adsense program then your site will be indexed faster.

the best way to get your site indexed by Google and a host of other search engines is to have unique content in your site, this way you'll attract many visitors and get listed in many blogs and other related sites thus increasing your visibility in the search engines. :P